PDA

View Full Version : Fasta Hoppers

timbertiger20
01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Su question for someone.........fasta hopper 9 vs 18 volt. I know you can add a battery to the 9 volt from what I've heard. Can you operate the 18 Volt LCD on only one battery?

timbertiger20
01-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Nobody has one in the Spyder Forums?

pbfreak555
01-15-2008, 09:26 PM
no you cant

timbertiger20
01-15-2008, 10:06 PM
K.......that is confirmed by trying right?

snoopdogg
01-15-2008, 11:51 PM
yea i just tried it slow feed rate i mean way slower feedrate i have the 18v lcd fasta hopper

timbertiger20
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
I was trying to see if it would operate like the 9 volt fasta and the LCD would still work..............trying to get these made SPPL legal...........hoping it about cut the feed rate in half!

Muddytaco
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
So your trying to make the hopper slower?

timbertiger20
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
:D Yup.........figure that one out
You see the SPPL has this stupid rule that says EP's can only use hoppers advertised with a 15 BPS feed rate or less. I have argued that the architecture is identical between the 9 and 18 volt hoppers it is a voltage and amperage issue. So I have asked them to allow us to by faster feeding hoppers and only supply the one battery.........hopefully causing it to run identical to the 9 volt. I am trying to verify that indeed the hopper functions hopefully including the LCD with only 1-9 volt...........thus causing them to be legal as I have already explained to them this rule is stupid and all Fasta's now have to be opened up and checked before each game :mad:

MVS1
01-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry that made me laugh, who cares what the hopper can do, the marker and it's limits dictate how fast the ROF is. Wow that's a new one. Anyways have you tried converting the 18v battery harness to a single 9v connector? I would guess (using my experience with electronics, 19 years worth) that the LCD is powered by 9v's or less and that the only limiting factor would be the board's minimum operating voltage. If it doesn't work it would seem a logical leap to me that pretty much anybody would trade you their 9v for your 18v Fasta, yes you loose the LCD (I'm pretty sure the 9v Fasta w/LCD is not available, but I'm extremely unsure of that). Sorry, but that has gotta be the stupids rule I have ever heard of.

timbertiger20
01-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Well if what I've heard is true..........you can add another 9 volt to the 9 volt version and get an 18 volt. The only difference is supposed to be the number of leads. So I'm hoping the speed of an 18 volt with one battery is the same as a 9 volt! Umm.........I won't comment on the rule as I've started a major controversey several times on the forums at Spec Ops about the illigitamacy of this rule. For some reason they seem to think this prevent cheating and I have explained that it only makes honest people more honest and that hoppers are impossible to enforce. Here's another one..........now they question is a fasta a real force feed?

bigred76
01-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Does it feed more than 20bps on gun? If so, it has to be: that's the only way to be that fast! And yes, what you're describing about the batteries is semi-right. How the extra batteries are wired is the most important part. One way, they speed up the hopper. The other, it extends the battery life of the hopper (basically makes it like one large 9V, so it lasts longer between changes). ;)

timbertiger20
01-17-2008, 08:29 AM
We are trying to get this figured out.........but as I see it, it has no stack pressure. It can spin as long as it wants.......if it can't feed upside down then is it a force feed because without gravity it won't feed!

applesauce
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
just so this makes sense, if you only have a hopper that feeds 15 pbs, it doesnt matter how fast your gun is. if you have a hopper that'll do 30, you could cheat and do 17-20ish without people really knowing. so cheating IS an option.

timbertiger20
01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
That's why you use a PACT timer.............checking isn't an issue!

Hob Hayward
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Does it feed more than 20bps on gun? If so, it has to be: that's the only way to be that fast! And yes, what you're describing about the batteries is semi-right. How the extra batteries are wired is the most important part. One way, they speed up the hopper. The other, it extends the battery life of the hopper (basically makes it like one large 9V, so it lasts longer between changes). ;)

Though, in parralel, two 9v's will provide double the current of one, so it *could* make a difference.

I doubt the q8v acctually runs at 18v, more likely it runs at 9, with a larger power draw, allowing it to spin faster..