PDA

View Full Version : Empire barrel kit

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I am buying (bought if it all goes ok) and I was wondering if anyone else uses them and how well they worked out for them. I researched the kit a bit and they looked ok, but I figured why not see if anyone who has used them has any pro's or cons about them.

wylde01
01-13-2008, 08:49 AM
are you talking about the new or old empire kit? i own the old one (the one before the revolver kit came out) and it works great.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 09:15 AM
uhhhh im not sure new or old, check out the BST section of this page and look at the thread "gear bag sale mr1" or something like that!

wylde01
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
its the older version. its not as good as some other barrel kits like the freak, but for the money it is good. i have the 4 piece kit and my friend has the 7 piece and they have been good for us over the past couple of years.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 12:07 PM
great thanks

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey I forgot to ask does this kit fit the MR2 or do I have to mill the backs down first?

chnk
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
i think you're gonna have to mill the sucker down first, they look a little fat for the shroud

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
alright just a minor inconvenience i supose

Ace24
01-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I am buying (bought if it all goes ok) and I was wondering if anyone else uses them and how well they worked out for them. I researched the kit a bit and they looked ok, but I figured why not see if anyone who has used them has any pro's or cons about them.
I have a 7 piece Empire barrel kit. I love it personally. It is ported enough to quiet down my Spyder bodied T-1. The bore sizes are a little odd... like I have a .690 when there are usually .689 or .691. haha.

battlechaser
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
While we're on the subject... has anyone tested both the Empire Revolver and the Evil Pipe kit? Thinking about picking up either of them... leaning towards the pipe due to the colour combo though... and that First Call has them for like $50 (the Revolver for 59).

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 06:26 PM
It seems that everyone is happy with the kit though im happy i got it! hopefully!

Ace24
01-13-2008, 06:43 PM
i think you're gonna have to mill the sucker down first, they look a little fat for the shroud
I'd take a Dremel to the shroud with a sanding bit before I'd mill down the barrel. It's easier to sell a MR2 with a enlarged shroud hole then it is to sell a barrel kit that's been milled.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I dont sell, ever I have a real problem with that. And I get mine preffesionly milled so its a very good job, its not dremeled or sanded or anything of like its milled on a leith.

But thanks for the Idea anyway!

colonel_moo
01-14-2008, 05:35 AM
i had a 7 piece back in the day. i didnt like it much, but that wasn't the kit's fault, im really not much of a kit person. worked well when i had my cocker and i had to worry about balls rolling out. once i got my matrix i stopped using it.

calebh
01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
i have an older one as well. it works great for me, as long as the balls are fresh and you have a good match. i played once with old, lumpy paint and the kit shot worse than the stock barrel. so just don't do that, and you'll be fine. lol i like the empire kit because it cleans itself :D lol

battle chaser, my friend shot a pipe for a while. the pipe is supposed to be better, but for rec play, i never really noticed a huge difference. if you play tourneys, the difference might be worth something. never shot the new revolver kit, though.