PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades for MR1?

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Well im buying a MR1 if everything goes through on the BST section and im wondering what are some of the better upgrades to get for it, well any upgrades you can get for it.
The gun comes with

32Degrees spring kit
Empire 7 peice barrel kit

What else can I get for this gun?

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Well im buying a MR1 if everything goes through on the BST section and im wondering what are some of the better upgrades to get for it, well any upgrades you can get for it.
The gun comes with

32Degrees spring kit
Empire 7 peice barrel kit

What else can I get for this gun?

Well what are you looking for?
If you want to go for a Mil-Sim look, pick up a Trinity 6 position stock.
On ebay they go for real cheap

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Im looking for any and all upgrades. Just throw the ideas and options out there. I would apreciate links to if you have time!
Thanks

kramernator
01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
get a clamping feedneck, you didn't say if it comes with a stock, if it doesn't maybe you should get one of those to.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 08:24 AM
yes it does come with a stock but thanks for the ideas anyway keep them comming! I may even switch the stock anyway.

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 08:28 AM
I cant find the stock on ebay but heres the link to trinity paintball

http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+150

kramernator
01-13-2008, 08:30 AM
how about a drop forward w/ on/off valve. or just a on/off valve for your tank?

will you use HPA if so maybe consider getting macroline

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 08:51 AM
how about a drop forward w/ on/off valve. or just a on/off valve for your tank?

will you use HPA if so maybe consider getting macroline

macro really isnt that gr8, i had leaks like a mother. stick with the stainless
sorry kram :)

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I will use HPA, what about bolts? can you get an acs bolt for the MR 1?

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I will use HPA, what about bolts? can you get an acs bolt for the MR 1?

You cant get an ACS for the MR1, only ACP bolts.
But i think you can use stainless w/HPA slim

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
perfect, how is the stock bolt ok?
i think im going to use this gun for sniping so im looking for preformence and looks.
I will use my MR2 when i play broadsword.

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 09:28 AM
perfect, how is the stock bolt ok?
i think im going to use this gun for sniping so im looking for preformence and looks.
I will use my MR2 when i play broadsword.

I never really had any problems with the stock bolt, i can honestly say that when i had mine i never broke any balls.

I wish i could take back the sale :(

stil
01-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I haven't had any chops with my stock bolt either. But the MR1 does pack quite a kick compared to most light electros... and the bolt is starting to chaff badly and will probably need a sanding.

I believe the idea with a new bolt is to balance it against other internal upgrades, ie springs, valves, new hammer etc... you will have to look into other peoples direct experiences.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 10:45 AM
what all is availeble for cosmetics or looks?

newkid
01-13-2008, 11:13 AM
http://www.trinitypaintball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=62 this will give you a few options

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
perfect thanks keep the ideas rollin guys I apreciate it.

pinkanese
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Well it is just a daydreamers idea, but if it were me, I would get rid of the top cocking mill it for an old side cocking striker. then make soem wood furniture (i.e. the stock, a handgurad, and some grips if you are ambitious), make the stock an air thru, then add a single trigger frame. And to top it all off maybe a sling, scopre on a riser, and a flashlight.

Well now that my dream is over, get a single trigger frame, it looks a million times better, just look on the BST forums, also jump over to MCB (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/) and look for one. if you are lookign to be a "sniper" you could get an MR3 raila dn a red dot. other than that just look through the picture thread, adn do some google searches, find something that you like and get similar parts as that person. Forgot to mention, polish the ionternals, drill the valve, take out the venturiif there is one, and you already have a spring kit and barrel kit so you should be fine there.

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
great now we got the ball rolling more ideas guys? we even got the creativity of it all now!

Mattbur
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.xtremez.com/search/search.asp?keywords=MR+Series&go.x=108&go.y=65&search_what=T&template=paintball

Here is a few of the parts available from Kingman. I have the scope, rail, and stock listed.

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
you say you want the sniper look right?
maybe look into a handguard, like what i have on my gun.
another cool thing about handguards is that you can attach a rail that you can put a bipod on.
im getting the rail with a vertical grip for my MR2
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/100_0485.jpg

slim and shady
01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
you dont nessissarly need a shroud for a bipod lots of them are barrel mounts I wouldnt use a shroud for a sniper kit because I am getting a 7 peice empire barrel kit to and the shroud would make it hard to switch backs. then on the tip im gonna put my apex tip.

SpyderMan723
01-14-2008, 04:27 AM
you dont nessissarly need a shroud for a bipod lots of them are barrel mounts I wouldnt use a shroud for a sniper kit because I am getting a 7 peice empire barrel kit to and the shroud would make it hard to switch backs. then on the tip im gonna put my apex tip.

yea I know but i just think they look cool:p