PDA

View Full Version : Which Barrel should I get with my Setup?

andone
01-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Before I spend my money on a barrel again (apex) i decided id ask for advice from everyone. I plan to buy the Trinity Military Shroud with Aim Point so the barrel would have to fit with that. If anyone has any ideas or advice for me i would highly appreciate it. Thx.

Here is my Setup:
- Spyder Mr2
- ACP Bolt (2 oring)
- 4 Piece Shochtech Spring Kit
- 6 Piece Shocktech Shim Kit
- Timmy Detents (black ones)
- CCM Feedneck
- Halo B Hopper With V35 chip, rip drive speed feed lid and Empire Shell
- 3000 psi 68 cu. in. Pure Energy fiberglass Tank
- Stock Barrel:(

- Warrior Paintball Collabsible Spyder Stock
-Brass Eagle Red Dot Scope
- Laser With Pressure Switch
- Mag light (LED Conversion And Custon Aluminum Barrel Mount.)

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 07:21 AM
hmm i think a new barrel that would suit your gun would probably be the smartparts freak.Unless you still use your shroud, if you do, then you could pick up a J&J ceramic barrel.I had one and it was very nice, quiet and accurate.

SkinWalk3r
01-13-2008, 07:42 AM
THE J&J will not fit without some dremelling. I know I have one.
andone pm me please. I may have a cheap solution for you.

andone
01-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Yeah, guys iv really been thinking a lot about the J & J Barrel. I would get a Freak barrel but like others im looking for that military look. Thats awesome J & J is a quiet barrel. Half the time we paintball at night and staying quiet is half the game. Do you specifically what J & J barrel to get or that you guys would prefer. Thx

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 08:44 AM
THE J&J will not fit without some dremelling. I know I have one.
andone pm me please. I may have a cheap solution for you.

Yes it does, mine fit like a charm without any dremeling

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah, guys iv really been thinking a lot about the J & J Barrel. I would get a Freak barrel but like others im looking for that military look. Thats awesome J & J is a quiet barrel. Half the time we paintball at night and staying quiet is half the game. Do you specifically what J & J barrel to get or that you guys would prefer. Thx

The J&J ceramic, or if you ask ViperX he has a J&J S2 barrel, you could ask him how that performs.From what i hear the S2 is pretty good

king-man
01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
if the shrouds are a like the vs3's the freak works fine w/o cutting, also id get a freak back and a tactical front

Tjwild3
01-13-2008, 12:55 PM
would an apex end with a lapco bigshot be good?