PDA

View Full Version : Help PLZ

Tjwild3
01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Can anyone here tell me how to properly remove a c02 tank from this remote line http://www.pntball.com/Items/35098606?sck=1840614 or something very similar. last time i tried to remove it i shot out and bent a little just above the o-ring. and when we CAREFULLY hammered it back into place there ended up being a crack in on the top.

-what does that knob on top of the part that connects to the Co2
-is it safe to use this tank again

i am very new to paintball and would like ur help plz
thanks in advance

Critical
01-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I would not use that tank again until you can replace the entire valve assembly, or just buy a used tank in the b/s/t section. If it is cracked, it is very unsafe to use, IMO.

druid
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Can anyone here tell me how to properly remove a c02 tank from this remote line http://www.pntball.com/Items/35098606?sck=1840614 or something very similar. last time i tried to remove it i shot out and bent a little just above the o-ring. and when we CAREFULLY hammered it back into place there ended up being a crack in on the top.
That looks like any other standard remote line. What we need is a picture of whatever it is you hammered or "bent/cracked" in the process...
-what does that knob on top of the part that connects to the Co2
It pushes the valve pin in to allow the CO2 to exit the bottle.
-is it safe to use this tank again
I can't answer until I see what you are actually talking about.
i am very new to paintball and would like ur help plz
thanks in advance

When posting, it helps us to be able to see what you are actually talking about.

For using a remote that's undamaged:
The knob that screws into the socket that screws onto the tank...

1. Unscrew it and watch it retract into the housing.
2. Screw the socket onto the CO2 bottle.
3. Connect the other end to your marker. Cock the marker (older Spyders/Clones & all Tippmanns), put your barrel plug in/barrel condom on and put on your safety (if it has one) or leave the electronics "off" until ready to play.
4. Screw in the knob on the tank socket. This pushes the pin in, releasing the CO2 into your marker.

When done playing:

1. Unscrew the knob on the tank socket but leave the socket on the tank (for now).
2. Remove the hopper. There will probably still be paint in the breech and/or feedneck.
3. Pointing the marker in a safe direction, shoot it until all the gas and paintballs is/are out of the marker.
4. unscrew the socket from the CO2 tank.
5. Uncock your marker and tear it down for cleaning.

The next time you play, drip 3-4 drops of oil into the socket that goes onto the CO2 tank. When you air-up the first time, the CO2 will force the oil to the ORings in the remote line.

Tjwild3
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks VERY MUCH this helps alot, im sry i cant get u a picture because ive decided not to take my chances and i took it into an airsmith who will do it correctly but the guide HELPS ALOT

Kenny_McCormic
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
It sounds like you just bent the ledge that holds the oring in place. The tank should work fine but i would have an airsmith look it over to be sure.