PDA

View Full Version : To all using Expansion chambers, especially the Trinity one

SkinWalk3r
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Have you guys seen any PROVEABLE benefit to using these chambers. I know what they are SUPPOSED to do but do they actually make that Difference.

I have the AK-47 ex chamber from trinity. I bought it mainly for the looks along with the “added benefit” of the Ex- function. But I have come to realize that this thing is VERY heavy. Because of where it sits it moves the center of Gravity for the gun WAAAY forward which means more hand strain from trying to keep this gun level. I am still struggling from the pain from a big game last September !.

I was debating just getting rid of this thing and going back to my stock ex chamber set up …..

What are your thoughts.

BTW I live in Michigan….& I am a CO2 user.

druid
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
You may be having more of an independent issue with that particular X-Chamber...rather than with X-Chambers in general.

Typically, the Xs are sold by how many individual chambers or 'stages' that are within the unit...from 1 stage to 10.

Now obviously, a single stage x chamber is really nothing more than a gas-through grip. 2 stages would be better and 8 is definately better.

I don't know that anyone can empirically "prove" an x-chamber's 'worth'. I use 8 stage X-chambers made by ACI on both Mags and absolutely love them. They do their jobs extremely well...

MR2 Woodsballer
01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
if you don't like the weight of the trinity chamber I have seen several ppl put CP shorty regs under their stock grips. Or you could use a sling like I did.

wylde01
01-11-2008, 04:37 PM
when i bought my ak ex-chamber i bought it just primarily for looks. as i got to using it i found out that it upped my amount of shots on my HPA tank by around 300-400 shots more everyfill. i also bought a sling when i got the ex-chamber so it takes the weight off a little more.

SkinWalk3r
01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
the sling thing (I like the way it sounds) and I considering too......

SpyderMan723
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
slings are pretty cool, but you have to make sure its long enough.otherwise you wont be point your gun where you want it

SkinWalk3r
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
BTW how do you tell how many "chambers" it has ? this is what the AK-looks like after it has been extracted from the clip

pb34
01-14-2008, 06:23 AM
How heavy is it exactly? I was planning on buying one.

bassmasta
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
the trinity ak clip is a 6 stage chamber

wylde01
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
How heavy is it exactly? I was planning on buying one.

it adds a little more weight to the marker but if your in good shape and not weak (no offense to anyone here just in case) it should not be a problem.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 03:22 PM
the trinity ak clip is a 6 stage chamber

how so, it appears from my pic that between the two O-rings there is only one chamber....what am I missing ?

pb34
01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
it adds a little more weight to the marker but if your in good shape and not weak (no offense to anyone here just in case) it should not be a problem.

Ok cool. I'd say I'm pretty strong and in pretty good shape so hopefully I'll be ok.

wylde01
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
and worse come to worse you just get a sling and then no probs at all.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
it wasnt the fatigue from weight guys. It is a really sharp pain in the tendon of my "flip off finger"(LOL). thats the finger the trigger gaurd rested on...