PDA

View Full Version : Which gun to get next?

The Communist
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Sadly, my girlfriend doesn't like the looks of the MR1 or I would have just got her one of them. So now i'm debating which gun to get her.
It's either the spyder Xtra or Sonix.
I'm sticking with my MR1 so I'm just trying to find one for her then. And she likes the looks of them too which seems to be a bit more important to her rather than how it works :p even though she would like an electric gun just so she can go full auto.
So what's the official opinion on each gun?
Also if I can get one cheap enough I was looking at the Smart Parts Ion in hot pink for her. Anyone know how those are?
Thanks!

deano 177
01-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I have a friend who uses an Ion and he likes it.

Why not take a look at the Vs1s? They have the etrigger. I was looking at one today at the paintball shop. They had it for $139. I'm sure you could find one on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/VS1-Spyder-Paintball-Marker-anti-chop-Eyes-gun-kingman_W0QQitemZ160195405042QQihZ006QQcategoryZ47 247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for that price ($89 in the link, buy it now).

The Communist
01-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah, but I can get a spyder 2007 Xtra package for $105
and that includes mask, hopper, and a 20oz tank. Or I can get the same package with the spyder Sonix for only $87.99

So I'm just trying to find something that is gonna work great but also not gonna burn out me pocket either. Also I showed her the VS1 and she didn't really like the looks though haha.

Does anyone know about the Xtra or Sonix and how good they are?

deano 177
01-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Yeah, but I can get a spyder 2007 Xtra package for $105
and that includes mask, hopper, and a 20oz tank. Or I can get the same package with the spyder Sonix for only $87.99

So I'm just trying to find something that is gonna work great but also not gonna burn out me pocket either. Also I showed her the VS1 and she didn't really like the looks though haha.

ok. There are some guys that play with me have the Xtra and they do ok. The detents are pretty easy to mess up so buy some extra detents. If they get sand in them they are done. Other than that they seem pretty solid.

camo_mr1
01-13-2008, 06:38 AM
i like the looks of the xtra better. seems to be a decent gun for having the expansion chamber and semi. if they were electric id be all over it lol

vwjimmy
01-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Both of these markers are very much alike each other. I have owned several of both and had no issues. The internals are the same. The Xtra should have a metal frame and that is a big plus. Personally, I have never had any unusual problems with the detents on either marker. Both would make her a fine, easy to use and maintain marker.

Thricearch
01-13-2008, 10:16 AM
tac one..that's what im getting next

pbfreak555
01-13-2008, 10:25 AM
you can find bone stock ions for about 50 bucks used on the nation

pinkanese
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
tac one..that's what im getting next
brilliant idea, though I think that is a little out of his price range.

The Communist
01-14-2008, 09:03 AM
yeah...i don't have too much money in my pocket right now.

Thanks guys!

I guess I'll just post this in here rather than anywhere else.

Is there a LPC available for the MR1 and is there any reason to have one unless you are going LP? I cleaned my gun last night and I looked where the LPC would go and there wasn't any threads.

pinkanese
01-14-2008, 09:20 AM
As far as I am aware ther ae no aftermarket LPC's. Really there is enough run where the vlavel spiring is there is no need for one. if you really want one you could get the tap for it or go to a machinist and have them tap it for you. That is how the older full body guns were done, though there could be complications with the spring so in the end it si more trouble than it is worht.

Varent212
01-15-2008, 09:18 AM
i started paint balling with a sonix pro. it was a 120 dollar kit new. it did me well. i sold it to my best friend so he would start paintballing and he still uses it. I have had no problems at all with it. hope whatever you get serves you well/

SBDboy
01-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Commie,
The first paintball guns I bought for my son and I were Sonix's. They are not great guns, but worked ok for the price.

If your girlfriend want an automatic gun, have you considered the Pilot ACS? Actionvillage has them new for $80. My family bought four for Christmas presents. We have had two issues (one big and one minor) that have been fixed by Actionvillage and Kingman. They are more accurate than I expected. There are only two things about them that I do not like. 1 - The top mounted hopper gets in the way of sighting (just like the Sonix). 2 - My son and nephew really go through the paint with these guns :)

So far I have found more good than bad in the Pilots and $80 with a year warranty is hard to beat.

SBDboy

The Communist
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks all,
I ended up ordering an Odyssey RPM for $70, and that comes with a 1 year warranty, so i'm pretty happy with it and so is Jessica (she finds it to be very sexy in blue :p ) and i definately like the looks of it too.
Has anyone played with one of these?