PDA

View Full Version : Tank Accident

Tjwild3
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
I just got Co2 today and some paintballs to make sure it worked before i played with it tommorow... when i was done due to a ball chop in the hopper, i took out the Co2 tank, Now please realize it was my first time doing so. Anyway as i unscrewed it gas leaked out and i ddint think it was a problem. But as i got far enough the tank shot out like a bullet and the part just above the O-ring got bent up alittle. Is this a Serious problem or does it happen to most tanks and can u guys tell me how to properly remove the tank. i use a Heavy duty remote with quick disconnect on/off

Zues
01-10-2008, 05:23 PM
do u have any co2 lefft in your tank?

Hob Hayward
01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
That sounds wrong...

Did the tank seperate from the valve? Perhaps the Remote doesn't have the air bleed holes?

Try backing out the knob on the remote first next time, fire a few times, and then unscrew the tank.

Tjwild3
01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes i still have Co2 in the tank and are you talking about the knob on top of the connector piece that plugs into the Co2?
BTW i have this remote... or one very similar http://www.pntball.com/Items/35098606?

deano 177
01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
How could the tank shoot out? If you had the remote on it I could see the knob part popping off but not the tank fliying/jetting off unless the pin was stuck. I could also see the remote spraying CO2 all over the place if you didn't turn the valve off and unscrewed that from the marker. I would suggest that...

A) have the tank looked at by your local field guys/airsmith
B) what ever you did don't do it again:)

darth massacre
01-11-2008, 04:03 AM
Like what Hob says, shut it off on the remote and pull the trigger till your gun don't recock before you remove the tank.

I am glad you are not seriously hurt in this incident.

Tjwild3
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
sry to say but i dont know how to shut it off and it didnt come with instructions or anything and believe me... I WILL NOT DO IT AGAIN