PDA

View Full Version : Squad blaster grenade launcher

slim and shady
01-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I got another issue of Facefull the otherday and seen a pic of a new launcher and I was wondering if anyone has any info on them or experience with them. i was thinking of getting a scepter 4000 but now if the squad blaster launcher is anygood I will probably buy RAP4's new X7 squad blaster kit and use my MR for a backup (If Tippmen can meet my demands anyway) But i was wondering if anyone had experience with them?

kramernator
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
my opinion

paint grenades are, for the most part, worthless, so i also believe that buying a contraption to launch $10.00 hunks of paint that don't have a very big area of damage, is also, for the most part a waste of money.

but this is just my opinion

slim and shady
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Im not sure i havent seen many in use but i have seen some that were very effective. the reason I was looking into the scepter to begin with is it can launch a sergical tube grenade with a spray radius of 15 up to 80-100 ft. Then i came across this setup i dunno, comeon guys need some input!

kramernator
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by Slim and Shady
a spray radius of 15 up to 80-100 ft

i stand corrected (even though that is a little hard to believe)

slim and shady
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
I find it hard to beleive to, part of my hesitation in not buying ir thus far.

Hoppy11
01-10-2008, 05:36 PM
You would probably be better off filling a balloon with paint then using that thing. With my experience they never work well, they get clogged up. As for the spray range it may say that.. but Top Flite also makes golf balls that say they fly extra long and extra straight.

HelpDeskHustler
01-10-2008, 05:36 PM
I find it hard to beleive to, part of my hesitation in not buying ir thus far. that's because you're picturing one giant continuous paint splat for 15 feet or whatever they claim. In reality, if you took a dixie cup of water outside and put duct tape over the top, with a small, pencil sized hole and waved it around until the water came out, that's more like the coverage it gets.

slim and shady
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
The part I find hard to belive is that the launcher will shoot the grenades 80-100 ft. A spray of 15 is very much in the ballpark, it doesnt take much pressure to make that spray radius. I make my own sergical tube grenades and they get 15-20 feet, so I beleive that. But as hoppy said my fave grenade is still the water balloon its 100% reliable and they go a very long when whe shot out of those 3 man launchers!

Hoppy11
01-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I was joking when I said that.. I think all gernades are a waste of time.. it was like a if you have to or really really want to use a gernade you might as well spend like a dollar on ballons and like 5 dollars on a cheap quart or gallon of paint.

I'd rather just shoot someone in the face.

slim and shady
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I wasnt kidding I like using grenades and think there are times they are very effective. I like water balloons because they usually always break and they hold lots of paint. The only downside is that they have to be carried in a pod so they dont break.

newkid
01-10-2008, 06:07 PM
as far as home-made grenades go what do you fill it with?

deano 177
01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
as far as home-made grenades go what do you fill it with?
I saw a vid on utube that showed how to make it.

slim and shady
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I use a 2 oz seringe to fill my sergical tube grenades, I assume thats the one you wanted to know about? i make the paint from childrens water soluble paint mix and corn starch.