PDA

View Full Version : So... the weather was nice and I got bored.

Ace24
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I decided to wire my license plate frame into my license plate lights. I blew a fuse when trying to connect it the first time... forgot to turn the lights out when I was wrapping the wire around the 12V license plate light wires. Heh...

Anyway, I thought it looked pretty cool so I snapped some pics. (I'm very into skulls if you couldn't tell)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_0214copy.jpg

The Pumper
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Nice..i suggest covering up your license plate so noone can do bad things with it.

Ace24
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
What do people do? lol... never understood that.

The Pumper
01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Not sure exactly, but it'd be illegal to do. something with getting your license plate #'s and getting them made...so they are using your license plate # for their car.

Ace24
01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
As long as it doesn't harm me... w.e.

newkid
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh man I got your liscence number I'm gonna mess you up big :dodgy:

01-09-2008, 08:11 PM
do you have the matching shift knob?

Ace24
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I wish... idk how I'd get that to glow though. I want one like on "Gone in 60 Seconds" that flashes. Heh.

HelpDeskHustler
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Posting your license plate on line could be considered the equivalent of posting a picture of the front of your house, with the right resources, people can figure out who you are and where you live rather easily.

edit. public record searches make finding your information easier, but online ones are a bit expensive.

leed
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Posting your license plate on line could be considered the equivalent of posting a picture of the front of your house, with the right resources, people can figure out who you are and where you live rather easily.

edit. public record searches make finding your information easier, but online ones are a bit expensive.

Well, it's a little worse than posting the front of your house. It'd be a more equally matched pair with Google Earth picture of your block and you pointing out which house is yours.

With the License plate number, they can find out who the plate is registered to, where that person lives, and how to contact that person.

Looks good though.

marvin-martian
01-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Watch it Marv...

Tito=PBL
01-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Watch it Marv...
huh?

i like the red eyes....its gotta look hot on the road...what car do u have?
there is a way to find out who u r and where u live though the plates...but its kinda hard...
but i do know that u live in NY. and that u live in Rochester lol

vikingshadow
01-12-2008, 11:09 AM
there is a way to find out who u r and where u live though the plates...but its kinda hard...

Not for me. My wife works for the DA here and they run DL's and plates all the time trying to locate people. It's nice to have access to the national database (well, for her anyways - I don't actually have access to it!)

Now, I don't (and won't) actually have her use it for me as I don't have a need nor the desire. Plus, I'm not sure that she would even do it unless it were an urgent matter directly related to her work. But, having the option just in case is pretty awesome!

Connections, FTW! :devil:

Ace24
01-12-2008, 03:07 PM
huh?

i like the red eyes....its gotta look hot on the road...what car do u have?
but i do know that u live in NY. and that u live in Rochester lol
Not a very hot car.

Haha.

1999 Toyota Camry LE. 4cyl. It gets more then 400 miles to the tank... and makes me happy. Heh. It was also free.. so I'm not going to complain.

LostCause
01-12-2008, 06:31 PM
some times i want a 4 cyl...though i <3 my v6, when i can open her up its fun. THough my dad has a hemi, that acts as a 4 cyl when you dont gun it, or towing

Ace24
01-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I miss the big block V6 the Buick I used to drive has... God that thing had power.

I wish I had the V6 version of the Camry. A car that light and small with a V6... *giggle* I don't think they make standard transmition 99 Camrys with V6's though.