PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Upgrades

Doc77
01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Even though I'm a noobie, I can't help but want to upgrade my marker. I've done a lot of the basics, but I'm already considering doing more. The problem is that I don't completely understand what parts I should get and what exactly they do for performance. The parts that I am considering are:

front block with low pressure chamber & gauge
foregrip/regulator
on/off ASA
shim kit vs spring kit (is one better than the other?)

What exactly do each of these components do? Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but remember....I'm a noobie :D There are so many different manufacturers for all of these parts that I'm confused as to which ones I should get. Any recommendations/advice?

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
What reg are you look at now?
If none, I'd look into a cp shorty or sidewinder.

Doc77
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Also, I read here that someone is selling chips for the Tadao board for like $15. Who's selling? I'm ready to buy!

Doc77
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
What reg are you look at now?
If none, I'd look into a cp shorty or sidewinder.
To be honest, I'm not looking at any particular reg because I don't really know what it does or which ones are compatible with the VS2

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
With a new front block, like the one you said you were looking at, all regs will work with it.

Doc77
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
What are my options for the front block? The only one that I have found is the one made by Trinity. I checked on the CP website and they don't make one (at least I couldn't find one).

spray and pray
01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
get a reg adaptor and a hyper 2.

faithalone
01-08-2008, 04:32 PM
i have the tadao chips for ya ;)

and personally i wouldnt waste money on the trinity front block, i would just get the red adapter and then another reg and on/off

i personally like the cp regs....work great, easy to maintain and rebuild....

best of luck!!

pbfreak555
01-08-2008, 04:45 PM
you don't need a spring kit for it. it's already low pressure. get a cp reg with a trinity front block. get a q-lock feedneck. maybe get a board later on

Doc77
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for everyone's advice. I went with the CP shorty reg & CP pro mini on/off ASA. I passed on the Trinity front block....for now. Also, I found this guy that has some nice macroline fittings. Check it out.

http://www.macrolineguy.com/

Zues
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
What is a CP reg? Is it like the foregrip..? ive seen ppl with these idk what they do? WHERE DO U GET THEM FROM?? HOW DO YOU INSTALL THEM?

Zues
01-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Tadao Board/t-board Or Virtue!!??? Which One Is Best/????

spray and pray
01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Virtue ftw. The eye wires are long though.

CrazyPaintballer
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
But to charge it in a VS gun you have to take the board out. Then hook up the charger since it is not aligned.

swoosh81
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Go with the Tadao board with upgrade chip.

But to charge it in a VS gun you have to take the board out. Then hook up the charger since it is not aligned.

You could drill the charge port bigger in the frame.

Doc77
01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
What is a CP reg? Is it like the foregrip..? ive seen ppl with these idk what they do? WHERE DO U GET THEM FROM?? HOW DO YOU INSTALL THEM?

CP (custom products) reg replaces the foregrip. On the VS2, the on/off ASA is also the reg. That's why I had to get a new on/off ASA too. In order to install the reg you need to either get a new front block (only trinity makes them right now) or a reg adapter (trinity, ndz and spyder make them).

I got the Tadao board because it's made by spyder....plug & play....no need for soldering. If you get the upgrade chip (which I just got the other day) it totally ups the performance.

Zues
01-10-2008, 04:13 PM
k cool so if i dont wanna mess up the board and the upgrade chip (only 20$) who will install it for me?

swoosh81
01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
You install it for yourself. Unplug the wires ,take 2 screws out of the old board. Put new board in and secure with 2 screws. Plug everything back in and your good to go.

Zues
01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
the board looks kinda scary im not good with wires =[

swoosh81
01-10-2008, 04:31 PM
It's easy, if you don't wanna do it. I'm sure your local pb shop will for a couple bucks.

Doc77
01-10-2008, 05:17 PM
It's easier than easy. You don't have to do anything with the board itself so don't worry about how complicated the board looks. Just install it the way swoosh said. And there's no way to reconnect the wires the wrong way. I'm a noobie too, and if I could do it.....anyone can.

JAXXXON
02-07-2008, 04:58 AM
I recently got a bundle of LP parts to put on my Pilot and need to know if you running CO2 through macro line what might happen? If you go to Lp can you only runn HPA using macro?

king-man
02-07-2008, 05:23 AM
depends on what kind you get, there are differnt standards for pressure, but im not sure if they go high enough for co2, i think co2 is 1200psi where the highest macro is only 850, i dont think it will hurt though

swoosh81
02-07-2008, 07:18 AM
I recently got a bundle of LP parts to put on my Pilot and need to know if you running CO2 through macro line what might happen?
It won't effect it anymore then HPA would unless it's poorly made macroline. You will want macro rated for HP. The best macroline I've found is from Hobbyhorse (check b/s/t).

If you go to Lp can you only runn HPA using macro?
No, you can use steel braided hose also. Alot of guys prefer running steel braided over macroline. I'm starting to switch my guns to the steel braided hose.

:)

Muzungu_Mbaya
03-12-2008, 09:28 AM
My favorite upgrade was to take the dang membrane off the back of the grip. I used to swear profusely to get it to turn on, turn off, turn safe off, etc. Once I took that off, I had no problems.

Other stuff I upgraded:

Tadao board
Trinity ASA to VS adapter
CP grip reg (still my favorite)
CP on/off
CP 2-piece barrel (14-inch)

Not a bad shootin' machine after that.

Muzungu_Mbaya
03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Also, I found some Macro that I use that has a max operating pressure of 1800 psi. It's fairly rigid though and I haven't tried it with CO2 yet. I would be wary of any unregulated CO2 pumped through any kind of macro though since liquid in the line would make it brittle.