PDA

View Full Version : how do i cut the ''wings'' off a vs3

mgurtcheff
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
i don't know the best way to cut them off all the way. whats the best tool for the job?

faithalone
01-08-2008, 04:27 PM
It is very easy even a moron like me can do it...

good luck!

bamf-hacker
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Please don't send a user to a different site to get the info. Poet is here so everyone can see it.

Thanks

faithalone
01-08-2008, 06:10 PM
i would like to but the instructions are in a pdf file format and i can no longer for some reason post images ( :( ) or links.

I do not see the problem if it is helping people with vs markers and is certainly not putting money in my pocket.....now if i was sending people somewhere to sell an item that would be wrong but to direct them to a site that has tips and tricks to help them out i am not so sure that is in appropriate...... the rules change from one day to the next and it is getting frustrating... i have done nothing but promote spyder and their products with great pride.... but this kind of nazism on the boards is getting frustrating....

I will post the text of the file if possible here:

I will post the info here as the best i can to to and help this felllow paintballer who just wants to have fun....

Modifying The VS3 Body To Accept Any Barrel
So you have a brand new VS3 and you went to attach your favorite barrel and discovered
that it would not fit because of the body milling and the “hood” that sticks out from the
body.
You have a few choices. You can live with the stock barrel that came with the VS3, you
can try to find one of the very few barrels that have a slim profile at the base and use one
of those, you can purchase a new body kit from Trinity which will set you back over a
hundred dollars or you can modify your stock body by removing the protruding “hood”
and use whichever barrel you like. This by far is the most inexpensive option and is very
easy to do.
Here is a step by step guide on how I modified my VS3 and with a few minor tools you
can too and begin taking out the competition with your favorite barrel in no time.
The tools you need for this project are:
 A sharp hacksaw
 A metal file
 Some cotton balls
Step One:
Remove the stock barrel and the Low Pressure Chamber from the marker. Insert some
cotton balls in each opening just to keep the metal filings from entering the marker as
seen in the picture below.
Place cotton balls here to keep metal shavings out of your marker

Step 2:
Use a hacksaw like the one pictured below and begin making a cut from the top of the
body down. You may want to get someone to help one to steady the marker while you are
cutting. Be real careful and do not cut into the threads for the barrel but cut right in front
of them. Make your cut as straight as possible.

Step 3:
Once you have made your cut and removed the large piece of metal take a small fine
tooth metal file or a Dremel tool and smooth off the rough edges. Your finished product
will look like this

I hope that helps you...pm if you need more help...

michael

mgurtcheff
01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
okay that you very much. why would spyder make a gun like that where barely any barrels fit? dumb on their part

king-man
01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
they did it with two of the MR's, ithink, its just so you spend your money on there products only, no company can ever fully accomplish that though

mgurtcheff
01-09-2008, 11:03 AM
ohh i see. im going to cut them off tonight so ill let you know how it works out

mgurtcheff
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
and what do you mean edge? meaning it looks cool or preforms better?