PDA

View Full Version : I am new!

ZERO
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
LOL Well im new to this gun anyway :D So let me start by saying hi to all! So, Recently I was offered my new Pilot non ACS for $35 (Is that a good deal?) Anyway I was happy becuase it's my first REAL gun.....I had a BE....Ummm I don't even wanna go there :mad: so I was excited....I have a few questions becuase I didn't get a manual:

1. How do I know the battery is charging? I plug it in and nothing comes on?

2. Sometimes when using the burst modes it stopps, uncocks and goes into Semi with safty on.......lol why? This was annoying on the field.....

3. I have a new '14 barrel on the way already.......what else would be good for first mods? I am looking at the VL Force from wally world as a hopper.....

Thanks!

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
35 for the pilot is a good deal.
I'd also look into upgrading the feedneck.

ZERO
01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
LOL yeah, im gonna look for a new feedneck......Right now i have about '1 cut off the bottom of the gravity hopper to make it lower and it's not too bad now......Before, It was like the only thing everyone aimed at lol :confused:

DAve

ZERO
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Actually, while im at it lol This gun was only used for 500 or so paintballs.The dude broke a paintball and threw it in his garage for like a year so I told him I would buy it from him ....I have cleaned and lubed all the bolts and stuff....Now is there anything I need to "Break in"?

This gun also does not seem to like cheap paint? It works ALOT better with the Recon paint...I had a not so good experience with Monster suckballs.......NEVER AGAIN will I buy them!

newkid
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
you need to break the bolt in by compressing it and a VL force is force feed so it is loud all the time

Murakamikazi
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Don't by a hopper from Wally World. Just save up and look on pbnation.com for used hoppers. You can find good deals. In my opinion by a two piece barrel it will help you adjust to different ball sizes which improves accuracy and if you don't have one buy a HPA (N2) tank.

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 01:54 PM
you need to break the bolt in by compressing it and a VL force is force feed so it is loud all the timeits not an ACS. He doesnt need to.

newkid
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
oh yea I see that now, forget about the bolt

weld_13
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
The locking feednecks are a nice add on, I have a hybrid hedlock on mine and it works great. It was about $30 from the local PB shop

ZERO
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Cool! Thanks for the replies guys! So, Don't go with the force from wally world? They look nice?!?!?!?! I guess i don't want it to be loud anyway.......And no need to break anything else in then? Good for me! How about the battery charging thing and the uncock and goes into semi with safty on? I am still stumped on that?!?!?!?! :confused: I didn't get any instructions with it so I am basicly winging it........

DAve :D

ZERO
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah, I got a '14 PMI razor barrel for it.....Is that good? I know it's gotta be better than stock......

DAve

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure why it uncocks because it does it with me. So I just use my mech frame. :D
I dont think there is a light for charging, but as long as the charger is in, then im sure its charging.

ZERO
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh and is there a way to make the trigger lighter? Or a trigger mod I can do? There won't be any "Walking" stock with badboy...

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
you can do a magnet mod or adjust the trigger closer to the microswitch..or get a lighter microswitch from radioshack

ZERO
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh is it easy to do that mod? And any "How to's"? Thanks for your help Pumper!

The Pumper
01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
magnet is a lil tricky
otter might have it on his site
np ;)

ZERO
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Cool thanks! I will check there!

DAve