PDA

View Full Version : Help with eBay situation guys.

SkinWalk3r
01-08-2008, 05:03 AM
so on Jan 3rd I did a "buy-it-now" on Ebay for a barrel for my MR2. The listing said I had to make immediate payment for it which I did. I waited for a while for shipping info and then yesterday I emailed him and he replied by saying he was sorry but they were out of stock and would refund my money if I wanted. I said ok and told him to do so. So I am still waiting for it. Now it may seem that I am being impatient but THIS IS THE GUY THAT WANTED IMMEDIATE PAYMENT. So dont I have the right to expect an immediate refund..........How long should I wait in this case before complaining to Paypal ?

bamf-hacker
01-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Was the refund agreed upon via the phone? If it was e-mail you need to wait for them to check mail. If they are on a different time zone it may be awhile.

I would give it a day or so then contact them before paypal.

ViperX
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Give him a few days for the refund before taking a complaint wit Paypal.

Be weary of ebay sellers, always look at their feedback, not so much for the rating but the score and how many feedbacks are left in one day. If the guy is getting 20+ feedbacks per day, they are usually too busy to monitor, keep track of their orders and their auctions and that's how you end up with an "out of stock" item even though there was an active auction for those items. Those particular sellers are very bad at communication and often times take ridiculous amount of time to get the items shipped(usually weeks)...they are typically one-man operations running out of their home or back-store. This is how they make their living through ebay auctions and often times can't keep up wit the demand for all their listings.

I tend to steer clear of these sellers, even if the price is too good to pass up. Usually means more of a headache and hassles, let alone the inconvenience of having your funds tied up and out of reach for your use when the deal goes sour.

Good -luck and let us know what comes of it...be sure to correspond through email and save them for record if you need to take up a claim through Paypal.

SkinWalk3r
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
well, I managed to get contact info ofr him thru normal eBay channels. It appears I may have gotten someone elses email. Me and another bidded bid on the same item of which there was only one instock (like you mentioned Viperx). I bid before the other guy and so the seller was trying to tell the other guy the bad news and in the confusion sent it to me instead. I got an email saying my item has been shipped. He appeared to be polite and apologetic so I will wait and see. Should be here in a couple of days.

Thansk for the input guys.

Drefish99
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Technically he is in violation of Ebay's seller rules. They are not allowed to sell items that they do not have possession of or know that they don't have stock of. I would send Ebay an email to investigate as well as contact Paypal or whatever form of payment you used.

SkinWalk3r
01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
well Drefish99 I "try" (operative word LOL ) not to be vindictive ...since I am "hopefully" going to get the barrel. I wasnt aware of that regulation though and I do buy a lot of stuff eBay so I am going to keep that in mind. TY !

deano 177
01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
well Drefish99 I "try" (operative word LOL ) not to be vindictive ...since I am "hopefully" going to get the barrel. I wasnt aware of that regulation though and I do buy a lot of stuff eBay so I am going to keep that in mind. TY ! I feel the same way but I got burned bad on an Xbox 360 scam. I try not to spend any more on ebay than I am willing to just throw away. However, The seller is responsible for making sure that he has the items in stock. This is the way that I got burned and Ebay has changed some of it's rules concerning those high dollar type auctions. If you get your stuff good for you! Still might want to let the correct peeps know so that someone else doesn't get burned.