PDA

View Full Version : more problems...

mk38v
01-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Now when i cock the gun and fire it will not recock, orings fine, and air is in the tank what now?

Thricearch
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
1) Is your bolt upside down?
2) This usually means there is not enough air in the tank..so make sure your tank is full and try again..also when you screw in your tank do you hear the air flow through your gun?

mk38v
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
yea i can hear the air flow and the bolt is in normal..

mk38v
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
i also noticed that when cocked and i pull the trigger the bolt slides forward slower than normal

stil
01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
strip gun and clean the internals?

mk38v
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
just did that now with the bolt sliding forward very slow i get no pop, if i assist in sliding it forward by pushing the top cocker at the same time as pulling the trigger i get the pop, but still no recocking or anything

Erlkonig
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Editted since another response came up negating what I said ;-)

You are saying that you took it apart, cleaned out the gun and wiped down the bolt and striker?

mk38v
01-07-2008, 09:21 AM
yes i did and it still slides forward very slow

Erlkonig
01-07-2008, 09:51 AM
=/ The things that come to mind for me are the following:

1) Something gumming up the works - This shouldn't be a problem as you said you have stripped and cleaned the marker. Only thing that hasn't been verified is if it has been re-oiled since tear down. Oil could make a pretty big difference...

2) The air tank has air in it, but not enough to operate the marker correctly, which would explain the inability to re-cock, but not the slowed operation of the marker while firing.

3) Worn/Broken spring, which I think unlikely since this marker sounds to be pretty new but could explain the slow operation while firing, but not the failure to re-cock...

Could be that you are having junk luck and is a combination of those as well. But we will see what others have to say I guess ;-)

deano 177
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
What happens when you dry fire the marker? Same results? If so then there is definately messing up the works with the spring and striker. This maker needs to be stripped down completely to where you can see through both top and bottom.

If not then I think you need to start looking at your air source. Make sure 100% that you have air and the hose isn't kinked, trash....

mk38v
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
yea does the same in a dry fire how could i tell if the spring or the striker were messed up they appear to be normal

HeadShot
01-07-2008, 08:06 PM
your probbably dragging a loose o-ring around, Gut it again, clean it. Look into both tubes. look for surface scratches. see if you can't get a pinky in there to check for barbs . if all is well in the tubes check the Hammer. look it over for scratches, and barbs. if it has barbs and you have a dremmel, try and polish the barb out, don't try to grind it out.

pull on the red o-ring lightly, if it streaches like a rubber band thats no good, if it give's heavy resistance to your pull then its ok and dose not need replacement

Replace hammer o-ring, its the red one. by replaceing this o-ring your putting on a new seal to cock the marker when it fires.

oil, oil, oil..if you have hater put it on your hamer.

reasemble your marker. air it up and test it.

also increase spring tension by turning up velocity. when you can get the marker to fire and recock, back off the velocity