PDA

View Full Version : Kingman has failed me....

Murakamikazi
01-06-2008, 03:52 PM
So, today I was playing paintball and I swear I had the best day of my life and at about the 7th or 8th round my gun breaks. My trigger frame fell off and my ASA started leaking, then my hose came loose. I don't know if I want to buy another Spyder. Please do not let this dissuade any others from buying this gun, this may just be an isolated case, but I was just looking to see what some of you think I should do. Should I return for refund, get a new one, or send it in for repair? Thanks for your input and let this be a warning for all you Pilot users.

The Pumper
01-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Well if your trigger frame fell off that'd be due to loose screws. As for the ASA leaking, what upgrades do you have on your spyder?

Murakamikazi
01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
If the tigger frame screws were loose it is Kingman's fault I didn't remove them. The only upgrade I had was a feedneck so the ASA was stock.

Hossy
01-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Did you tighten them, or drop the gun?

Did you tighten up the bolt-ish things?

Murakamikazi
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
No I didn't think I would have to tighten them and no I didn't drop it. I took so much care with it, I kept it in a case...:( .

Hossy
01-06-2008, 04:28 PM
No I didn't think I would have to tighten them and no I didn't drop it. I took so much care with it, I kept it in a case...:( .

Not to sound like a flamer or whatever, but just keeping the gun in a case wont do anything for it.

Your errors may be user-created error.

MR2 Woodsballer
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
If you like the gun keep it, Just dubble check all of your screws before you play. basicly marker maintance, I have never had any problams with my spyder(s) as long as you keep the maintance up on a spyder they will last forever. If you have the extra cash you could upgrade. I would just keep it if your a rec player.

Kenny_McCormic
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Its a machine, its gonna rattle, you gotta tighten all the screws every now and then. Your leak was caused by lack of lube. A well tighened lubed gun will almost never fail you.

MR2 Woodsballer
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Its a machine, its gonna rattle, you gotta tighten all the screws every now and then. Your leak was caused by lack of lube. A well tighened lubed gun will almost never fail you.

Where was the leak coming from it could be an O-ring. DO NOT PUT OIL/LUBE ON YOUR ASA OR TANK!!!!! IT WILL BLOW UP!!!!!!

bamf-hacker
01-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Where was the leak coming from it could be an O-ring. DO NOT PUT OIL/LUBE ON YOUR ASA OR TANK!!!!! IT WILL BLOW UP!!!!!!

Sorry but not true...

Don't put oil in the fill nipple on an HPA tank. That can cause and explosion, since HPA tanks heat up when filled.

A good way to oil your marker is too put a few drops of oil in the ASA and shoot the gun 15-20 times (with the barrel off)

For the topic starter.

One of the first things you should do before a day of play is check all the finger tight and tool tight screws to make sure they are secure.

newkid
01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
my friend just bought a spyder and his asa screws came out and its chopping balls (gravity feed hopper) and now he's bashing spyders. I'm like, you stupid noob tighten your screws and get a decent hopper.

paintballkid0206
01-06-2008, 07:23 PM
i've never had any problems with my Pilot. none. ever.

alabama_lowlife
01-07-2008, 03:03 AM
my mr2 had a little "note" in the box reminding me to check the security of the screws holding the frame on. did you read all the paperwork in the box?

The Pumper
01-07-2008, 05:12 AM
my friend just bought a spyder and his asa screws came out and its chopping balls (gravity feed hopper) and now he's bashing spyders. I'm like, you stupid noob tighten your screws and get a decent hopper.Yes because thats so helpful, right?

Murakamikazi
01-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Ok, last night I did about an hour worth of going through and tightening every screw and lubing every o-ring, tightening the hose, etc. Now it is shooting fine but the question is for how long. If this happens again you can almost count of the fact of it being sent back. The reason the ASA was leaking was because every time the ASA moved a bit the o-ring in it would pop out of the ASA causing it to leak. I still don't know why the Trigger frame fell off. Mabey the screws were just loose, I don't know or mabey they're stripped, I don't think so but you never know. Mabey I should just buy an aftermarket trigger frame and ASA. I did read the instructions that came with the gun, BTW. Thank you for all of your input. I hope this doesn't happen again because I really do like this gun.

Sandman_Bravo
01-07-2008, 06:07 AM
All markers require regular maintenance and visual checking. This shouldn't be a Kingman directed issue. I've had some of the screws loosen on my gun when I was shooting at normal pressures when it was bone stock; it is going to happen due to the fact that it's a percussion/blowback marker operating at 800 psi. Any percussion/blowback marker is going to require some checking of bolts, heck my $600 Shocker requires it from time to time. It's like saying Trek has failed me because my mountain bike fell apart after riding it for 6 months even though I did nothing to maintain or check it over.

kramernator
01-07-2008, 07:02 AM

i oil my tank almost every time i play

Murakamikazi
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
What is wrong with oiling the tank or ASA. I heard you're supposed to regularly oil o-rings to keep then from cracking or falling apart.

alabama_lowlife
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
you shouldn't put oil in the ASA if you're using HPA...or so i've read. as far as the o-ring falling apart, when you unscrew the tank from the ASA loosen it about 1 turn and fire the marker until it runs out of air THEN finish removing the tank. that should keep you from blowing out the o-ring on the tank.

king-man
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
if you use a co2 powered gun like a pilot than oiling ur asa is fine becasue it is probably use to liquid co2, but if you have like a shocker, timmy, or evan a vs oiling ure asa will mess up the reg.

vwjimmy
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Man, lets do this:
1. Putting oil in your ASA will not damage your reg, ASA, or marker...period.
2. Is is NOT recomended to put oil on the PIN of an HPA tank. Air, which is over 20% o2, can get very hot when compressed..combined with a combustable oil could be hazardous. You can put oil in the ASA of a HPA marker however, only as long as the marker recommends oil as a lube.
3. Personally, I do not oil my tank oring....I usually carry lots of spares. CO2 is going to freeze them with every removal and oil isen't going to help. Besides, we oil the orings in our markers to assist with the friction mostly, and the tank oring doesn't get alot of that. Even though the oil might help with sealing, nothing beats a fresh oring every now and then...and they are cheap at Wally World.
4. Tear down, clean, lube, and tighten everything on your marker after each time you play. It is unlikely that the frame screws will loosen in one day at the field, but check everything about 1/2 way through the day anyway. Things vibrate loose! If they were tightened to the point that they didn't...you wouldn't be able to get them off when you wanted to. If you were shooting a firearm, anyone and everyone would tell you that it needs to be cleaned after every use......well your marker is not a toy either. It needs to be cleaned everytime! Failure to maintain it will result in a bad day sooner than later and a hatred of your marker. When you ditch it for another, the same thing will happen again and again until you quit or learn to maintain your equptment.
Good luck to you...now that your Pilot is back in fighting shape, and you are ready to keep it that way, you should always have a great day at the field...win or lose.

Aman546
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
yeah you should tighten the screw after every time you use it, it has happened to me on previous guns, you probally dont need to repair it and they wont let you send it in, but just look for screw online or check the manual for info, as for the asa leak im not even sure what that is exactly :confused:

Murakamikazi
01-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok, I've taken everybody's advice into consideration and I will tighten every screw after I play, and as for the ASA leak I used teflon tape to make sure the ASA lines up with the drop forward without it being loose. By the way why is it that when I fully tighten my ASA (without the teflon tape) the screw holes don't line up with that of the drop forward?