PDA

View Full Version : Private messages

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here. Anyone else think we should be able to have more than 50 private messages in our inbox? I think we should have 100 or something because if you are selling multiple parts your inbox is always full and you can't accept more messages. Am I the only one that thinks this or are there more people out there?

Hossy
01-06-2008, 03:35 PM
What, you only have 50?

delete the ones that you sent, you dont need to tell people what you said unless your very forgetful.

pbfreak555
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here. Anyone else think we should be able to have more than 50 private messages in our inbox? I think we should have 100 or something because if you are selling multiple parts your inbox is always full and you can't accept more messages. Am I the only one that thinks this or are there more people out there?

i agree. it gets annoying because they fill up so quickly

The Pumper
01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Its never really a problem for me. 50 is plenty. Just delete the sent ones and the inbox ones unless you need them.

Paradox313
01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
We're a small community, so 100 PM's seem a little too much.

Keep organized and 50 seems more than enough.

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 03:53 PM
but when your buying and selling I like to keep track of my proof of what they said and when there you can only have 50 and if your buying and selling lots of stuff your pm box is always full every other second.

durrell
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
If you like to keep track of all of your PM's there is an option at the bottom of the page to save them all in different formats.

50 is more than plenty.

The Pumper
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Then delete all the sent one's. You dont need to know what you say especially since its usually quoted anyway. Thus, more pm's between more ppl=happy you.

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 04:01 PM
The only reason I am saying this is because many people have pm boxes that are full and there is no way to contact them during a deal. I delete the pms right when the deal is done but It is just so hard to only be able to have 50.

VS3 Sniper
01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
If u think 50 is bad there is a cocker forum that only lets u get 20 pms. i think 50 is enough considering we dont have that many very active members.

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
If u think 50 is bad there is a cocker forum that only lets u get 20 pms. i think 50 is enough considering we dont have that many very active members.

Thats what happens when you play with cockers.... We don't have very many active members but like what I said before. When you are doing a few deals at a time it fills up very quickly.

timmyshoota
01-06-2008, 04:22 PM
50 is not plenty. This is the ONLY forum I'm a part of that has that few messages allowed and its stupid. You send 5 messages to one person regarding a deal, and get 5 more back and you've just used a fifth of your available space, in possibly a ten minute period of time. If you're selling multiple items, you're gonna go over 50 in a matter of days.

The frustrating part is trying to send someone a message and their box is full. It could be days before they make room, and by then you might miss out on what you are PMing them for.

Hossy
01-06-2008, 04:25 PM
If your doing a few deals, lets say 5 at a time.

with those 5 different sales, you can have 10 different PM's from each person.
If people quote eachother anyways, 10 is like way in the last topic.

Buyer: Hi I want the ____ your selling, how much for it?
Seller: I would like 20 dollars shipped for it, but its OBO
Buyer: How about 15 shipped? I have money in paypal or can send a MO out tomorrow, whats your address?
Seller: 15 is too low, how about 15 and you pay shipping?
Buyer: Ok thats good, Can i get your Address to send the MO out tomorrow?
Seller: My Address is 777 Lucky Ave Las Vegas, Navada. Ill let you know when I get the MO
Buyer: Sounds good.

That is basically what a transaction is. thats 4 messages that you have, and that deal is done. Now whats the whole first offer thing you dont need at all, the only real thing you need to save is the last one or two.
If you keep 2, that means you would have to sell 25 different items for your PM box to be full. Thats alot of parts.

shunut
01-06-2008, 04:51 PM
They aren't going to up you amount of pm's you guys can have in your box so really there is no point to this thread. It has been discussed many times before. Like D said you can download as many messages you want to your computer by using the tool at the bottom of the pm page. If I were you I'd use that.

HelpDeskHustler
01-06-2008, 05:28 PM
you guys only have 50? I have 200.

bamf-hacker
01-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Plus if the mods who get tons of PM's can manage our mail boxes then you all should be able to as well.

timmyshoota
01-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Plus if the mods who get tons of PM's can manage our mail boxes then you all should be able to as well.

There's no way you guys only have 50.

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
You have 21 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed

That is copied from my user cp.

Hossy
01-06-2008, 06:08 PM
You have 21 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed

That is copied from my user cp.

LOL he meant the moderators

TheRedBarron
01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
There's no way you guys only have 50.
You are right we get 500 :dodgy:

Btw...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/xxximyourfatexxx/PMs.jpg

Me > you

at photoshop...
Chris stop whining I am going to start calling you emo again if you keep it up.

calebh
01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
http://www.maj.com/gallery/calebh/stuff/untitled.jpg
you could at least go all the way barron. lol

all i have on this computer is paint, so it's not very good. lol

durrell
01-06-2008, 08:12 PM
It isn't going to change..so deal with what you have or....well you don't really have any other options. :o

/thread.