PDA

View Full Version : Advancing fire - tips?

stil
01-06-2008, 10:41 AM
A friend and I took a trip to the bushes yesterday (ooer) to practice. We got round to advancing towards a target while firing and quickly discovered that we're rather CRAP at it. And here I am looking for any tips on how to move in a proper way.

So far I've gotten a little more accuracy by pumping the trigger in a similar rhythmic pattern to my walking/jogging pattern. Thats 'bout it, tho...

Muddytaco
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Buy reballs and practice.

HeadShot
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I find when advancing , especialy in comando teams (2 people). its easy-er to advance with the gun'n sneak tactic.

one person (most ammo + fast gat) is the gunner , while the other is the sneaker (good cammo and accuracy)

the gunner's main job is to get the targets attention, drawfire and to basicaly intimmidate target from a distance under, side or over cover. while the sneak goes in for the kill.

the sneak's job is to basicaly to find target, find an aoa around target's cover, kill target. if you can't get to target , call back to your gunner for support/cover fire then advance, kill target.

the gunner should call out targets, so the sneak dosen't get killed, and vise versa.

both should be no more than 15 yards apart.

you should try practicing with a couple of trash cans. have a trash can (or more) spread out over an area . you don't need to shoot any paint, practice getting to targets and calling out targets. I'll draw it out on ms paint when I get home and send it to ya via PM as to what I mean.

as for accuracy , it helps to be prone. when resting your marker on the ground its easy to aim.

stil
01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks, HS. Looking forward to your MS skills :D

druid
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Leap-frog to gain position.

slim and shady
01-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree with both of you, me and my sister play together all the time. We move through the intended sweeping area in a leap-frog pattern each covering the next persons advance. We rely compleatly on stealth and a low center of gravity. Once an intended targed is spoted whoever sees them drops down behind cover and gives the signals of where, how many, how far, if your team was spotted and then the direction you want your partner to go flank. The way we play is whoever sees the target plays heavy rifelmen and just keeps all there attention on them, it makes the most seance because they already see the targets and dont need to find them. The flanker gets a head start befor the gunner engages this lets them close the gap. Then you have the gunner engage in the target, the return fire you receive is like a homing becon for the flanker and usually indicates exactly how many targets are out there. It really is a great method, for our style of doing this silent communication is the key to begin with then its all about practice; the more you do it the better you get.