PDA

View Full Version : spring kit

The Communist
01-05-2008, 09:55 AM
What is a spring kit for?
When I went paintballing the first time this week the guy that was chrono-ing my mr1 couldn't adjust it under 283fps and he wanted me to have one of the techs either cut the spring or have me buy a spring kit. Luckily the guy inside said to just play like it was and don't worry about it right then.
So would a spring kit improve the gun or is it just to regulate the velocity?

The Pumper
01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
The spring kit allows you to adjust the velocity easier.

mr1newbie
01-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, my MR1 wouldn't go below 300 FPS. You should go ahead and get a spring kit. I didn't know about the tight stock spring and I ended up stripping the hex socket on the velocity adjuster trying to turn it down.

The Communist
01-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Alrighty, is there a recommended spring kit out there?
What velocity does everyone usually play at?

right now then I'm looking at a J&J ceramic barrel 14"
Delrin Bolt with two o-rings
and a spring kit.

What about an expansion chamber? is it really needed? or for running Nitro?

mr1newbie
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Originaly posted by The Communist
Alrighty, is there a recommended spring kit out there?
What velocity does everyone usually play at?

I have a Shocktech spring kit and put in the lightest spring. I haven't gotten the chance to chronograph my gun since I put it in, but it is shorter and has a noticeably lighter tension than the stock spring. I think that the velocity depends on your field. I know my field's velocity limitation is 285 FPS and below. Hope this answers two of your questions.

The Pumper
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I have a 32 degrees spring kit and its awesome. I'm sure all the spring kits work about the same.

The Communist
01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
So is any spring kit compatible with the Delrin bolt? Or should i just stick with the stock spring kit if i use the alamo bolt?

mr1newbie
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by The Communist
So is any spring kit compatible with the Delrin bolt? Or should i just stick with the stock spring kit if i use the alamo bolt?

I think that any spring kit is compatable with any bolt, because the spring goes into the back of the striker, so it shouldn't make a difference what bolt you use. Could someone confirm this?

The Communist
01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
another question...
what about the Delrin striker from alamo city pb? Has anybody used it? Is there any advantage right now to changing the striker?

Varent212
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
How much should i spend on a good spring kit. I am looking forward to putting a new spring in. I am using a stock spring from a spyder e-99 and it is working good, just want to put the spring back in my e99 so i can sell it. lol

sonic
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I think that any spring kit is compatable with any bolt, because the spring goes into the back of the striker, so it shouldn't make a difference what bolt you use. Could someone confirm this?
I believe you are right.

stil
01-15-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a 32 degrees spring kit and its awesome. I'm sure all the spring kits work about the same.

What's 'awesome' about it? And I'm not trying to be argumentative, but these kits are so cheap I thought I'd pick one up just because... Right now I'm using a chopped spring that a field owner gave me. Seems to be working ok. Gun feels fine and I get plenty of shots from a 20oz. I hear cut springs are a bad idea, do you know why?

mr1newbie
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Oringinally posted by:Varent212
How much should i spend on a good spring kit. I am looking forward to putting a new spring in. I am using a stock spring from a spyder e-99 and it is working good, just want to put the spring back in my e99 so i can sell it. lol

My spring kit is a Shocktech Spring Kit, and it was $7.99. It only includes four varied tensioned striker springs. The 32 Degrees spring kit is around that price range and includes a lighter striker spring and other various springs like a lighter trigger spring.