PDA

View Full Version : Magna Drive or Velocity?

xSoulsx
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I have a Halo B right now but I have some money and wanted a new loader.

I was kind of looking at the Magna Drive but wasn't sure. The price is a bit high

Question 1: Does the Magna Drive come WITH the RF chip and will the chip work on the SE Proto Matrix Rail?
2: Is it heavier then the Velocity or Halo B (<--just use the Halo as a Weight Comparison cause i have one)

I was als looking at the Velocity. I see a lt of pro's using this hopper. And a lot of People at my local field use them.

Question 1: Velocity JR or Regular Velocity?
2: How much does it weigh?

The Pumper
01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I havent held a vlocity but I've held a vlocity jr and it was pretty light. I assume they are near in weight, but not much of a difference. I'd go with the Vlocity Jr myself.

vikingshadow
01-04-2008, 05:00 PM
The Magna will be a bit heavier than your Halo B when loaded with paint, but that's because it holds an extra 30 or so balls in reserve. It also carries it's weight a bit differently than your Halo because of the location of the feedneck in comparison. To me, it felt pretty comfy on my gun with the tank shouldered, so honestly, weight isn't a comparable issue here.

The RF chip will work with the Rail from what I understand - it's just an RF chip, after all. Just install and go. However, I don't think the Magna comes with the chip stock.

As far as a lot of pros using the Velocity and a lot of people at your local field, give the Magna time. It just came out. If you were around when the Velocity came out, NO ONE wanted that thing because it was "too ugly." Now every one of those jokers has one, haha!

newkid
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Vlocity for sure, it'll feed plenty fast for your PMR

Muddytaco
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I have the magna drive, it doesn't come with RF chip for your gun its a extra $30 something. The weight when empty is lighter then a halo b/empire b but still heavier then vlocity. If you have in the low cap. floor it will be lighter then halo when loaded with high cap. floor it will be slightly heavier.

The Rf chip works wonders, I didn't have a single pause due to waiting on a ball to load the entire day I played with it a few weeks ago.

It puts more weight over your hand but I liked it that way, seems like it is eaiser to snap shoot like the gun moves better with you. Also the design is really low profile, I usually take 1 or 2 hopper hits in a day and I didn't get any last time.

Although I still want a vlocity to mess around with I think the magna is a solid hopper and def. have no regrets getting it over a vlocity.

MVS1
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Price wise the VLocity Jr. will be a good choice, performance wise, well there's a reason the magna costs more, but is it really worth it? Only time will tell. The only thing that has kept me from picking up a Magna is that I've been waiting for the Jrny to come out, with a price mark around $120 (so they say) and it's features I think it might be worth taking a look at. As for the RF chip to install in you marker, it's gonna run ya an additional $40.

xSoulsx
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I looked at the Jrny but it looks way too big.. Kind of like a football. The way they have the auger(<---Spelling) it looks fast

SupaSnipa
01-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I say, VLocity if you have the money or for about the same price you can get a VLocity you can get a VLo JR with aftermarket chip

The Pumper
01-05-2008, 07:51 AM
My friend has a vlocity jr with virtue and gangstar chip. Its extremely fast and he got it for pretty cheap in LNIB condition.

HelpDeskHustler
01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
vljr

Ace24
01-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Only thing that made me not like the VL was the fact that a kid from across field shot it at 280fps at the battery door area and the entire hopper shattered from that point. I've seen it happen a couple times. Never seen a Halo shatter like that before. Only crack.

Halo shells = stronger... but heavier.
VL = more capacity and lighter shells/hopper.

Magna = Empire Reloader B on steroids with a RF chip. (Put a Pulse and Empire Reloader B together... voila?)

Too tired to make a logical explanation.

spray and pray
01-06-2008, 07:15 AM
just upgrade your halo. Get a clutch kit, bone, and angry/v35 board. It will feed plenty fast and it will b easy on paint.

my.02

The Pumper
01-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Halo w/ v35 and rip drive are really cheap. I'm getting one for 50 bucks. Also comes with a speedfeed. :)