PDA

View Full Version : would at Smart Parts On/Off ASA work on spyder

volleybiggs
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I am looking for an ASA on off and saw this one and am wondering if a Smart Parts On/Off ASA will fit on a spyder? I looked the pics and info and it said it fit on a rail and I could not tell if there were screw holes in it.

Thanks!

J

bamf-hacker
01-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Depends on the Spyder. If you have an older one it has offset holes and you will need an adapter.

HeadShot
01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Got a link to the asa?? kindof difficult to know without a pic.

VS3 Sniper
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
It will fit if ur spyder has inline holes. If ur spyder has offset holes u will need an adapter. But imo sp asa's aren't very good. They are hard to turn when aried up. I perfer cp but thats just me.

chnk
01-04-2008, 12:55 PM
I am looking for an ASA on off and saw this one and am wondering if a Smart Parts On/Off ASA will fit on a spyder? I looked the pics and info and it said it fit on a rail and I could not tell if there were screw holes in it.

Thanks!

J

last i checked the smart parts on/off is a dovetail fitting, so you would need a dovetail rail or drop along with an adapter

kramernator
01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
look about halfway down the page at this guys Vs2, is that the same ASA?
Look Here (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=166314#post166314)

vikingshadow
01-04-2008, 03:35 PM
^^^Yes, that's an SP ASA.

Like Chnk said, the SP ASA will fit any gun/rail/drop so long as it has a dovetail mount. Unless the the Spyder frame you're talking about has a built in dovetail mount, you'll need to buy a drop or rail that has one. In THAT case, you'll need to buy one that either has offset holes or inline holes (or both) depending on your particular frame.

And, like VS3 Sniper said, I'm not a big fan of the SP ASA for the very same reason. That, and I had to drop an oring in the end of it just to keep it from leaking when I screwed my tank on.