PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

mk38v
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
im new to the mr1 and the forum, when using my gun serveral balls are just rolling out of the barrel at a time when i pull the trigger. the gun cocks and fires fine, tank is about half full and all the o rings appear to be fine, does anybody have any ideas as to what could be wrong any help is welcomed thanks

SpyderMan723
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
check your detents

mk38v
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
honestly im not even sure what that is im fairly new to paintball

alabama_lowlife
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr1.pdf item #03 Ball Stopper everybody calls them detents. if you got the gun new, there should be an extra detent in the parts bag. it'll be a very small black rubber circle with a nipple on it. if not, you can get them on ebay. search for timmy detents and you'll get some that are intended for a different gun but fit the mr1 and 2 and are better than the stock parts. btw, you'll have to take off your feedneck to get to the detent.

mk38v
01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey thanks buddy how will i know if the other one is messed up will it be obvious and will that solve the problem as to why the balls only go 2 feet or so

alabama_lowlife
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
http://i15.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/9a/59/c3b4_1_b.JPG
if it DOESN'T look like the ones in the picture, something is probably wrong with it or it could be missing altogether. if you fire more than one ball at a time, they will not go as far as a normal shot but i'm not sure about 2 feet. put one ball in the feedneck with the gun slightly tilted back to keep it from rolling out. fire it and see it it fires normally.

stil
01-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Just make sure the bolt has been inserted the right way. There is a groove in one side that slides over the detent.

cyberthrasher_706
01-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Just make sure the bolt has been inserted the right way. There is a groove in one side that slides over the detent.
Sounds like this is the problem. When the bolt is in wrong then there is no air going through it to hit the paintball but everything else seems right. The paintball just kind of lobs out the front, if it even makes it that far.

Thricearch
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
okay..I had the same problem about a week ago..

It can be one of two things:

Problem: The balls roll out of your barrel if you tilt your gun forward without firing
Solution: You are missing your detent--insert the spare one (it fits under your feedneck)

Problem: When you fire the balls are lobbing a few inches/feet
Solution: Your bolt is upside down..the side with the hole halfway through it should face down so air can go through it...

hope this helps

camo_mr1
01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
i first bought mine because it was doing the same thing, brand new out of the box, i went back to the store and the velocity was threw the roof. id check that before buying parts

mk38v
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey thanks alot guys gun is now working fine, you guys are good here i got quick and very helpful answers, thanks guys

SpyderMan723
01-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Glad to help a fellow spyder user:)