PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm.....i wonder??

weitjosh
01-02-2008, 06:53 PM
i was sittin here thinking, pondering to myself, the threads on a hpa regualtor and that of a co2 bottle are the same. in theory, could you screw in an hpa regualtor to an old co2 bottle and convert it?? the co2 bottles withstand pressures up to and possibly exceeding 1500 psi, but im sure they can take close to like 400 psi or so. not gonna try it, just wantin to kno from some experienced airsmiths and/or maybe some other ppl that have tried it. i mean is there really that much of a difference in design from a steel hpa tank and a co2 bottle?? just curious, thought it might stir up some interesting conversation.

Hossy
01-02-2008, 06:59 PM
There are a reason HPA tanks are for air, and CO2 tanks for CO2.

HPA is either 3000 or 4500. Co2 bottle at 1500 (what you said) would blow dude.

Spend 40 dollars on a cheap one, and dont risk your life, to whoever attempts to try something like this

DFSniper
01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
:yeahthat:
its been mentioned before, and everyone will tell you DON'T DO IT!!!

weitjosh
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
o, im totally against doin this. a warnin to ne one out there that might wanan try this, dont. its not worth ur arm, leg, life to try this. just a curious question. are there any reported occurances where a co2 bottle has bursted?? im sure there is but i was just kinda curious wut the burst rating is on a co2 bottle.

chnk
01-02-2008, 07:13 PM
if you put a co2 reg on a hpa tank you can fill it with c02, assuming you did it right or had it professionally done

i think a 68/4500 of co2 would last for a long ass time

weitjosh
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
could you possibly put an hpa reg on a co2 bottle and still use it for co2 or would any other modifications be needed i wonder??

chnk
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
could you possibly put an hpa reg on a co2 bottle and still use it for co2 or would any other modifications be needed i wonder??

co2 would blow hpa regs i think,

battlechaser
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Why does 'bottle rocket' come to mind every time I hear something like this. Besides aren't most HPA regs preset at either high pressure (about 850psi, which does nothing for you but make the output more consistant), or low pressure, which is normally about 450psi, and for a LP gun, you generally want to go a little lower than that, correct?

co2 would blow hpa regs, i think

:yeahthat: too....

weitjosh
01-02-2008, 08:24 PM
so ur telling me that all these spyders with asa/reg combos blow on co2?? didnt the em1 have a reg on the asa?? they ran just fine on co2. just essentially mount one of those forward on the tank itself and add the threads. wuts diff in a tank reg over an inline reg?? u can stop liquid co2 entering buy somehow adding an anti-siphon tube. it would be cool if a company came out with a regulated co2 bottle. make all these low and mid-end markers run alot better. plus makes this kind of performance availiable to those who cant play at fields or cant afford hpa tanks. then again, knowin companies now-a-days they would jack the prices.

chnk
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
tank regs are directly connected, inline regs have a little while for co2 to expand,

besides co2 isn't that big of a business cause most high end guns have solenoids that can be blown by co2. So not many companies would probably look into it.

i hear what you're saying, hpa tanks are expensive new. but plenty can be bought cheaply used.

steelie tanks go for like $30-$50, CF tanks are like $60-$200

DFSniper
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
so ur telling me that all these spyders with asa/reg combos blow on co2?? didnt the em1 have a reg on the asa?? they ran just fine on co2. just essentially mount one of those forward on the tank itself and add the threads. wuts diff in a tank reg over an inline reg?? u can stop liquid co2 entering buy somehow adding an anti-siphon tube.
there are different regs. some are designed to work with both HPA and CO2 (torp, palmers, AMG) and some are recommended HPA only, and for a reason (VS2/3, etc).