PDA

View Full Version : chops balls after 5 or 6 shots and nothing helps NEED HELP BAD

pilot acs
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I just got a spyder pilot acs for christmas and the first time i shot it it shot like 10 balls and then started choping them like crazy. I think it is breaking them in the gun before they reach the barrel. I am new to this but i know some about paintall. I have a fasta electric hopper and black label 2000ct balls. I am also useing co2. It has been cold these past couple of days that i have tryed to shoot it but it has been breaking some balls before they reach the gun and some break in the gun. But EVERY TIME i shoot it it breaks balls after the 5th for 6th one. And there is paint all in it so it take me an hour to clean it after i only shot it 6 times. Any suggestions would be great i really need some help.

Hossy
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Did you break in the ACS bolt, or oil your gun?

pilot acs
01-03-2008, 05:32 AM
no i havent broken in the bolt and does the gun come oiled because its brand new. Also how do you break in the bolt other then just useing it?

bamf-hacker
01-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Guns do come oiled from the factory, but you should still break it down and give it a good oiling anyway. Your marker could have been made 10 months ago???

As for the bolt, take it out of the gun and compress the pin back 1000 times. Do it in front of the TV and it will go by quick.

Welcome to SOC btw.

pilot acs
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
thanks yea im breaking it in right now. I also figured out that it is my paintballs. They are breaking in between the hopper and the gun. I think its doing that because the hopper is an electric feed and the co2 pushes some against the balls so the electric feed hold it down and the co2 pushes up on it. Also it only breaks 1 out of every 7 or 8. So i'm going to go to a local paint shop and get some stinger paintballs. What are some other good balls to use? I need some strong ones because i am sick of cleaning my gun so much. Because with the balls i have the entire gun gets full of paint so which ones and is there any way i can reduce the air push through the feed neck?

The Pumper
01-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Ya. Thats called blowback.
I like RPS and diablo. I'd buy from the local field because they should always have good paint.

01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
is there any way i can reduce the air push through the feed neck?

there is a way to reduce it and would require a new bolt with orings

pilot acs
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM
whats a good bolt to get? and i will look into those types of paint pumper thanks also how can i stop the balls from breaking right there? other then getting better balls.

01-04-2008, 08:01 PM
http://www.alamocitypb.com/
they nake nice bolts
go for the del flo with orings
and to stop chops possible getting a force fed hopper could help

Kenny_McCormic
01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
with no hopper put 2 balls in the feed, cock it and gas it up then shot once if the ball is blown out of the neck farther tan6 inches or so you have a blowback problem.

pilot acs
01-07-2008, 07:11 PM
thanks for all the help guys yall have helped alot! I went to a local paint shop and got some better paintballs and it solved the problem completely. It shoots great and im really happy with my gun. Also what is a light gun and isn't too much money? Or what is a good setup that is light and not too much money?