PDA

View Full Version : FAKE GA Myth regs from ANS

chnk
01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I just got off the phone with the woman at Guerrilla Air Inc. who said that the "GA Myth Regulators" sold by ANSgear were indeed fakes.

"How do I know if I have a fake?"
Does your reg have the following:
Laser engraved Serial number and "patent pending"?
Gauge with the Myth logo on it?
Did you buy it from GA direct? or Panther Paintball?

if you answered no to the first 2 then it is indeed a fake, if you answered yes to all 3 then yours is real (the 3rd question is iffy, if it was bought new from those 2 shops then it is real, anywhere else is possible that it is a fake)

she said that "action" was being taken against ANS and that these regs are not backed at all by GA and that you shouldn't use them as noone knows where they came from as GA manufactures their regs in-house. The fake regs are possibly unsafe and could cause damage to users and their surroundings.
anybody with a fake should get in touch with the people at GA because they may work out some sort of a program, I am not sure of what they are doing as of right now.

Source (http://www.pbnation.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=43021296)

i thought everyone knew these were fake, i thought it was obvious when they started to price these at $30 and people bought them and reported these regs had no logo or anything

timbertiger20
01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
They advertised at World Cup that they were indeed authentic myths and just bought a ton of them. Guess they'll be pulled off of ebay soon!

shunut
01-03-2008, 06:58 AM
I almost bought a Planet Eclipse Star Reg from them but their prices had me a little iffy. I'm glad I didn't buy from them now.

phatphil
01-03-2008, 08:26 PM
They advertised at World Cup that they were indeed authentic myths and just bought a ton of them. Guess they'll be pulled off of ebay soon!
Doubtful. eBay is an internet hub for counterfeit goods no matter what they claim.

timbertiger20
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Well I let ebay know yesterday just after this came to light and either by ebay or by Barbspaintball all signs of (fake) myth regs or air tank regs by any title are gone!

SupaSnipa
01-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Man, I was gonna buy one too. Thanks for the info, ANS seemed like a solid company to order from too now they lost some serious e-pionts in my book

timbertiger20
01-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Guerilla Air is now selling them for the same price!

Critical
01-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Makes you wonder if they just bought up a bunch of the fakes and put their logo on it.

SupaSnipa
01-06-2008, 09:48 AM
:yeahthat:

timbertiger20
01-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Response from Dan Colby at GA and why Myth is replacing the myths and video of old reg destruction!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrC4kdWyx3Q