PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

Nader
12-31-2007, 11:19 PM
What'd you do for New Year's eve?

What're your Resolutions?

Me, I spent it with some friends, had a cigar and watched some fireworks.

Resolution: Sort out my life.

Kenny_McCormic
12-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Nothing
Get a job so i can play more often

big_daddy_d
01-01-2008, 12:41 AM
howzit all?!?!?! Back from vacation spent ny eve on the couch sippin brewskies and listening to loud explosions. Rather uneventful but allowed me a chance to reflect on the events of this past year. Wishing the best in 08 to everyone on the spyder forums

Moe
01-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Holy **** is what this New Years Eve should be described as. So much booze. So much weed. So many awesome people. Just got home, it's around 5 I think...The last joint was almost 8 in. long. :/ I shall wake up high.

My resolutions are:
-Pay off my truck loan
-Pay off my student loans
-Move out of my parents house.

It's basically in that order...It is going to have to be a fiscally responsible year. lame.

Paintballadict18
01-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Dont hate in 2008!

hope everyone had a fun and safe new year party :D

my resolutions are:
-dont put off hw
-learn to read music (guitar)
-stop being so shy

Nader
01-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Holy **** is what this New Years Eve should be described as. So much booze. So much weed. So many awesome people. Just got home, it's around 5 I think...The last joint was almost 8 in. long. :/ I shall wake up high.

Can I say it? Can I????

Go to bed moe.

battlechaser
01-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Whoa... my first post of 2008... Happy New Year Guys and Gals!

Resolutions.

Stop being a jerk.
Pay down loans.
Be a good husband... well... after Oct 16th...
Get back in shape.
Find new lease on life
Lose new lease on life
Get Vikepass
Drink Beer
Oh... and to stop being such a post whore...

And last but not least... play more often. :)

Jegger24
01-01-2008, 05:49 AM
I spent my New Year's Eve / Birthday at work, dealing with drunken &*@$(^'s. Great time... seriously. :rolleyes:

My resolutions are to get in better shape, play more PB, pay down my debts, and spend more time with friends and family rather than at work.

Have a great '08 everyone!!!

The Pumper
01-01-2008, 07:34 AM
My new years resolution is to graduate high school
woo
class of 08 :D

shunut
01-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Happy New Years guys!

No resolution, I don't want to disappoint myself.

newkid
01-01-2008, 08:56 AM
resolutions... I like Shunut's idea

Hossy
01-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Happy New Year!

durrell
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Happy New Year SOC. :)

My resolution from a few weeks back was to stop drinking so many soft drinks. But now it's going to be a definite after I had kidney stones this past week. So looks like my other resolution will be to work out more this year and be healthier overall, among other things. I really got better about going to church (a new church) towards the end of last year (I had always gone, but there's a difference in going to church just to be there and going for the right reasons), and God is doing some amazing things in/with my life, so I'm pretty excited about that too. :D

Hope you guys have a great year.

MVS1
01-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Happy New Year everybody,

Last year was a pretty good year so I hope to just keep the ball rollin.
Hopefully get an assignment back to OK and finally buy a place with some land and settle down.

Ace24
01-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I went paintballing with my girlfriend (she used the gun I got in yesterday... man that thing needed teching... luckily I'm pretty fast with field stripping and lubing) and her friends. We went out for pizza afterwards and then I dropped them off, her off, came back home, showered, and counted down to New Years with her. We kissed at midnight and her dad gave me 100 proof, 12 year old whiskey. (mmm mmmmmm goood...)

I then spent from 1:30 AM till about 4am working on the new gun and hoppers I got.

Resolutions: Get to school (despite my embarrassed state) and keep this relationship strong.

It's been a good couple days.

Maxx-Damage
01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
What i did, i went to bed early. Lost interest in the hole ball drop thing...

Resolutions....
Keep my job:)
Get a not so dramatic girlfriend(...:rolleyes: )
Get my new bike:D
Get my junior lisence
Play more paintball
Play better, smarter, stronger at paintball
Possiblity of losing my virginity?...(hey, i havnt meet that "one" yet...:o )
Loose atleast 10lbs....
Be less shy is also good.;)

Ace24
01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Possiblity of losing my virginity?...(hey, i havnt meet that "one" yet...:o )
Be less shy is also good.;)
:Giggle:

Shouldn't be too worried about that. Won't go into it... but once you have it, you'll want it more and more. It's like a drug. >.<

Maxx-Damage
01-01-2008, 05:17 PM
figured it make a few people giggle...not worried bout it. Its not like a drug, its natures callin...so i figure...

Ace24
01-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Well first off, this is a family forum. Secondly, when you're a teenager (don't know your age), your mind can become clouded by urges once you have a taste of what it's like. It can become distracting from your studies and other things. It can also ruin relationships. (Trust me on this...)

Maxx-Damage
01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
True...im 16....and ill take ur word on it.

Another resolution i thought of, listen more.

battlechaser
01-01-2008, 05:54 PM
:Giggle:

Shouldn't be too worried about that. Won't go into it... but once you have it, you'll want it more and more. It's like a drug. >.<

Then you move in with them... and suddenly you're in rehab... ;)

01-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I cleansed my soul yesterday, wont go into it
but yeah

as for resolutions
think before I act
discipline my mind even more so
be honest
help when and where I can

DFSniper
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
stayed up til 1 watching the Planet of the Apes marathon with my 'rents.

i resolve to never attempt to try to make any more resolutions; come whatever may.

vikingshadow
01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, I set a few resolutions to break this year...

Keepable ones:

1. Kiss my wife every day.
2. Hug my kids every day.
3. Say goodnight to them every night.
4. Family first!
5. Get actively involved in my faith again, and bring my family back into it.

Tougher ones:

1. Get accepted for National Boards.
2. Spend more time reading actual books, instead of the internet.
3. Take a family vacation OUT of state.
4. Get actively involved in my faith again, and bring my family back into it (yes, I know it's a repeat.)
5. Be more positive (I started this at the beginning of the school year, and I truly believe I've accomplished this to a point. I want to be MORE, though!)

Near impossible ones:

1. Lose 40 pounds (10 by Valentine's Day, 15 by Spring Break, 25 by summer break and the whole 40 by this time next year.)
2. Run at least 4 times a week.
3. Get healthy in the meantime.
4. Leave work and be home by 5:00 every night.

I always make resolutions, with the intent of breaking them. I know it's a joke, most of the time, but I've kind of set a different attitude towards these. I have a few more that I'd prefer to keep private, but we'll see what happens. I know that most resolutions are broken by the end of the first week, but these are ones that I'm really trying to keep (and the more secret ones I've set.)

Happy New Year!

Ace24
01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Then you move in with them... and suddenly you're in rehab... ;)
AMEN!!! HAHAHHAA!

Ah...