PDA

View Full Version : air problem

king-man
12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
ok, i took my gun out today for a lil new years eve fun. well i lubed it up a lil bit took out, it was working like a charm. i was low on air so i went to fill up, i went back out and my bolt was bouncing, so i figured crank the air up a lil. so i cranked it untill it was 300 and it worked for about 10 shots in a row and started bouncing again, me and the owner took my gun apart, oiled everthing, replace orings, and still no luck. we took and the owners son looked at my guage and it was flopping all the way back to 50 after being at 300psi. so he said its probably my CP reg, but he had noone around with another reg to test it. so i think he was right what shoud i do about my reg, 4 q's about my getup l@@k my sig. Thnks 4 neones help :)

Hossy
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
What do you mean by bouncing?
and when you first Lubed it what did you use?

Did you break in your reg?

king-man
12-31-2007, 07:05 PM
bouncing like you no what some guns do when there about out of air, the dont get far back enough to catch on the sear. ya my reg brke in plenty, even f it wasn't it has never went from 250 to zero, i had it barely moving, like 210 down to 200 and back, im thinking ill probabbly take it a part tonight beacuse it looks like somethingg went down in there, so im gonna see if i can clean it and lube it up and get it working if not, i guess ill take to my local painbtball shop before i buy rebuild kkit, just to make sure it is the reg. :(

faithalone
12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
you could always stick the stock reg back on there to see if that is the problem...

the good news is that the cp regs are easily rebuildable... you can follow the directions here:

http://***********.com/downloads/cpregulatormaintenance.pdf

you can also pick up a oring kit that has every oring you need to rebuild your cp reg on the same site...

happy new year....

king-man
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
well i got both bad and good newsw at the same time, the stock stuff works fine, so that means, bam my red is done. NOw that i know how to fix one problem i still am suffering an air problem on my Trinity SICK body, will replcing the valve and front block oring fix the little air through the barrel problem, it only does it if im going around 250-260psi or higher.

swoosh81
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
You probably have the valve screw tightened down to much. It should just be snug. Also check the valve o-ring on the front towards the front block, but if it is, air would also come through where the valve screw is. If that's not it your problem would be the cup seal, if you don't have a replacement you can try sanding it with 1000 grit sandpaper on a flat surface.

king-man
01-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Also check the valve o-ring on the front towards the front block, .
i checked both orings and they both appeared to b fine, so i took two of the black orings that came with the gun, lubed them with dow55 but them on there and viola not a problem one so far.

swoosh81
01-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Dow55 will swell the o-rings slightly which will help you. I've actually always used dow 55 on the valve o-rings. Just keep it away from the striker and bolt o-rings, yikes I can't even imagine the trouble someone would run into doing that.

king-man
01-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Just keep it away from the striker and bolt o-rings, yikes I can't even imagine the trouble someone would run into doing that.
yeah i alost did until i read that it swells the orings, thats the only reason i used it on the valve, if you put that on the striker oring ud probably be better of without one at all, not saying that would do you any good but u get my pic

pbfreak555
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
you shouldn't have lubed your bolt at all. delrin bolts swell up if you put lube on them. they are self-lubing bolts

swoosh81
01-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I've yet to see a VS series Delrin bolt to swell. I even lubed one with oil and nope it didn't swell.

faithalone
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM
i agree, i havent seen one swell either...i apply a light coat of oil to my bolt oring each time before play and it works great

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 06:00 AM
I have a problem with my VS3... Everytime I shoot the bolt just goes back in and I have to keep re-cocking it. Can anyone help me please? :]

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Could it be possible that I tightened the back part to much or something? I'm kinda new at paintballing so I dont know much of anything.

swoosh81
01-05-2008, 06:15 AM
I have a problem with my VS3... Everytime I shoot the bolt just goes back in and I have to keep re-cocking it. Can anyone help me please? :]

What pressure are you running at? If reg, isn't broke in keep your pressure around 250. Most of the time by raising your reg. pressure, will fix recocking problems. Make sure the bolt isn't catching on the detents, if it is put a dab of oil in the detent slots of the bolt. Not much oil just a little bit. Also read your manual.
EDIT- Don't exceed more then 290psi. you run a risk of damaging the gauge if the pressure creeps above 300.

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I dont know how to check what my pressure is and I have no clue what the detents are! :[

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:12 AM
I wish I knew what I was doing cause I'de be paintballing as we speak.. I hate not knowing how to fix my gun

faithalone
01-05-2008, 07:13 AM
ouch :) you should really read the manual...it will give you some great info and help you with your marker....

you can check the pressure by looking at the gauge...when you screw in your air tank and then turn the regulator dial to on where is the little needle at?

also...pull the pin up on your bolt and slide it forward and backwards and make sure that you dont feel any resistance...it should slide smoothly...

if you dont have a manual you can download one at spyder.tv or at the vs usergroup website ***********.com

good luck

oh and by the way...the detents are small rubber things behind the eye covers that keep the ball from rolling out before you fire....if you tighten the eye covers too tight it can cause the detents to push against the bolt and cause it not to decock...you can also try removing one of them and that might help and it will still work just as well....

have fun!

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I didnt know that was my pressure! I thoguht thats how much N2 was in my gun! Oh thanks so much, hopefully I can get it fixed, Should I take my gun apart or something? The needle is at 100 right now. I dont know how to change it though

faithalone
01-05-2008, 07:39 AM
you need to adjust it so that the gauge reads about 240-150 (we are talking about the gauge on the marker and not the tank right????)

you adjust it by using an allen wrench on the regulator (read the manual) dont adjust it over 300 or it will damage the gauge...adjust it in small amounts and take a couple of shots between each adjustment....

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:43 AM
So if I adjust it, it will stop moveing the bolt back in? And yes it's on the marker. I don't have the manual :[

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Oh and is the regulator the thing that you hold your hand on?? Its under the beginning of the barrel or is that thing in the back of the gun?

faithalone
01-05-2008, 07:51 AM
you REALLY need to read your manual....you can download one here:

http://***********.com/Download.html

The regulator is the thing that your air tank screws into it...the same side that has the dial to turn the air on and off there is a small set screw for an allen wrech....you turn it counter clockwise to increase the pressure...turn it a bit...then fire a couple of shots and look at the gauge..keep doing this till it is between the 200 and 300 lines

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I cant download it where you are telling me to because its comming up like this: www.***********.com with stars like that. But im going to try and change my pressure and hopefully my bolt wont cock back, please stay with me because I suffer from paintball retardation :]

faithalone
01-05-2008, 07:57 AM
hah thats funny...they started blocking websites.... :)

just go to vs user group then add the .com (all together of course) you can also get the manual from spyder.tv

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:58 AM
When I turn it, the gauge doesnt move..

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
When it shoots, the needle goes about 1-2 lines BACK but then it goes back to 100..

faithalone
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
are you sure you have air in your tank?? your gauge may be blown and therfore you will not be able to tell what the pressure is...if that is the case then you will need a new gauge...

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I dont think it's blown because when I take my air source out it goes to zero And when I put it in it goes to 100. And yes I have N2, Im kinda low, I'm at the 2

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 08:07 AM
And btw, I love the look of your gun, send me a pic of a good size of it if you can, it looks hella sweet.

faithalone
01-05-2008, 08:10 AM
it sounds like you just need to up the pressure using the allen wrench like i said earlier...good luck

if that wont adjust then you may have a problem with your regulator...

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
I got it!! I just had to turn it a little more than I was, it's between the 200-300 right now

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Omg Your My Hero! Thankyou So Much

KalypZo
01-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Its Working!