PDA

View Full Version : ?s on pumps

calebh
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
so i'm looking around at different pumps and have a few questions for those more knowledgeable than i

what kind of barrel threads do phantoms have? how much does it cost to set up various configurations? i really like the VSC from what i've seen, but of course i'll want to experiment.

i've seen a bunch of cocker pumps. are they any good? how much would it cost, and how much time would it take, to buy a cocker and a pump kit, then switch it to pump? would i be able to switch back and forth as i wanted, or is it a fairly permanent conversion? i haven't seen any for sale without regs and bottomline, is it possible to just stick a 12g changer or 4oz co2 tank where the reg goes and play?

what other pump markers should i be looking at?

bamf-hacker
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
what kind of barrel threads do phantoms have?

Acme Threads unique to Phantoms

how much does it cost to set up various configurations? i really like the VSC from what i've seen, but of course i'll want to experiment.

You can get a basic VSC set up for about $250, of course the price could be less or much more if you get lots of different parts **Cough** like me :)

i've seen a bunch of cocker pumps. are they any good??

Cocker pumps, AKA Snipers are great guns. I have 2 and love them.

how much would it cost, and how much time would it take, to buy a cocker and a pump kit, then switch it to pump?

You can get pump kits starting around $50 and go up from there.

would i be able to switch back and forth as i wanted, or is it a fairly permanent conversion?

You can switch back and forth as much as you like it is not hard to do at all.

i haven't seen any for sale without regs and bottomline, is it possible to just stick a 12g changer or 4oz co2 tank where the reg goes and play?

You can but you will need to re-spring the gun to work with unregulated C02

Questions answered in bold.

Welcome to the adictive world of pump :)

QAZ123
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I've got two Trilogy pumps now one that I bought and one that I won and both are great. Good bang for the buck and probably under $100.

JB.

calebh
01-01-2008, 01:00 PM
trilogy pumps? never knew they made those. that would be great cuz it's cheap but still decent quality. i'll have to find me one. lol.

thanks guys.

The Pumper
01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Yup. they are great. Worth every penny.

OtterSC
01-02-2008, 03:46 AM
i prefer the Phantoms. excellent customer service.

calebh
02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
well, after scraping together some money, i finally ended up with a vsc phantom. i'm currently waiting on it :)

what's the cheapest place to buy 10 round tubes and 12 grams?

bamf-hacker
02-14-2008, 05:51 AM
I would say go with Wevo. They have some good prices and can get you your tubes with speed caps on them.