PDA

View Full Version : Trinity sick bodies

Team Under Dawgs
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Has anyone ever installed a trinity sick body? Is it hard to do and how many problems will I run into?

DRAGON
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM
..........how many problems will I run into?

I have heard many cases of leaks with the bodies and VA's possibly from bad tolerences. Personally I think those bodies are a waste of cash. Just my unbiased opinion - :cool:

Drefish99
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
They aren't worth it. Not cosmetically or performance. Just stick with the stock receiver.

Team Under Dawgs
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Ok thanks for your help...

faithalone
12-31-2007, 07:20 PM
you may want to check with swoosh81....he has allot of experience with the trinity bodies and may be able to help you out.....
my personal opinion...i am not so sure they are worth the cost...if you can get one cheaply it may be worth it because they look nice....

happy new year!

Team Under Dawgs
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks to all and happy new year to you to....

swoosh81
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
They aren't worth it. Not cosmetically or performance. Just stick with the stock receiver.

QFT

I've seen alot of nice halfbacked VS's recently. Check out Crobo's on pbnation's spyder of the year.

Doc77
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I installed a Trinity body on my VS2 a week ago, and I had a leak problem when I first put it on (my dumb ass didn't use the Doww 55 that was provided). I disassembled it and put a decent amount of Dow 55 around all 4 O-rings (2 on the valve body and 2 on the front block). After that...no more leaks.

The installation itself is pretty simple. I'm a noobie to paintball, so all I did was to watch the disassembly/reassembly videos that are on spyder's main site. All you have to do is to remove all the internals from the old body and put them in the new body. The main thing though is this....make sure that you don't use anything metal to push the valve body out. From what I've been told, you can damage the valve body if use use a metal object. I used a number 2 pencil (eraser side). From there, just remember to use the Dow 55 so that you get a good seal.