PDA

View Full Version : need help with buyer agian

chnk
12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
I recently sold a cp asa to some guy on pbnation. I wrapped the asa in bubble wrap and shipped it in a an envelope, sent it first class shipping with a confirmation number

he sent me a message saying he received an empty envelope, saying i'm an idiot sending it in a regular envelope.

I've already left him feedback and he's threating to get me banned or for me to return my money.

I don't see anything wrong with sending things through the mail in a regular envelope. I've sent a derlin striker, triggers, and a cp reg through a reg envelope and they came to the buyer perfectly fine.

any advice.

Critical
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Was it a standard envelope, or one of the padded one's? If it was padded, you're off the hook, as you did what you could to protect it. If is was a standard paper envelope, that's kind of iffy, I wouldn't have send anything more than a trigger in that kind of envelope. The Post Office sorting machine could easily have squished the asa right out of the envelope and they don't catch it until it's too late, if at all.

VS3 Sniper
12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
^ what he said. How much did he pay for the cp asa(if u dont mind me askin)?

vwjimmy
12-31-2007, 11:51 AM
White paper envelopes go through machine cancellation and processing....any bumps almost always tear them open.....
You should never ship anything in a white paper envelope except paper! If you used a bubble envelope, they hand sort and cancel it due to the odd shapes inside, as well as the bulk.
Bubble envelopes are about 29 cents each...well worth the expence.
My guess is that your buyer really didn't get his part. You can ride out his frustration, or ask him to send the envelope back to you and refund him when you get it and are satisified it tore open during handling.
Either way, never ship hard parts in a plain envelope again.

chnk
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
I used a standard envelope,

so i'm guess its my fault, he paid $20 for it,

imma see if hes not just taking advantage of my ignorance buy ripping the asa out himself and saying its my fault.

bamf-hacker
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
You need to refund his money.

That means you did not use a proper shipping container. The ASA is on the floor of the sorting facility.

Always use a box or a padded mailer to ship items.

Hossy
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Thats definatly your fault. Just give him the 20 dollars back. You shipped it stupidly. Make the process go easier with just refunding the money.

durrell
12-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Ya best to return his money rather than risk getting authorities involved, getting bad feedback, etc.

chnk
12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
eh, another lesson hard learned, imma refund him before he gives me a headache

/thread