PDA

View Full Version : hammer-A volocity

ishvan
12-31-2007, 11:42 AM
hey guys i have a stupid question for you.. a friend of mine got a hammer A in a trade and its only shooting 120fps, he was wanting me to turn up the volocity for him. after looking at it for him ( normaly don't work on pumps) the only thing i could see was that the main spring was worn down (started to rust), would changing the spring bring up the fps or can you get the fps higher???

next question is if it would where do i find a new spring?

Thanks

OtterSC
01-02-2008, 04:49 AM
use AutoCocker spring kit.

Hammer Pages (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/hammer.html)

:)

ishvan
01-02-2008, 09:00 AM
thxs otter

S/T
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Did you adjust the velocity on the bolt? Hammer's have a velocity adjustment in the center of the bolt, basicly it takes a regular screw driver turning clock wise increases counter clock wise decreases.

Lenny17
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Not all Hammers have a velocity adjuster. Mine doesn't have one, so I've had to resort to adjusting the springs.

I've used the strongest valve spring and the lightest hammer spring (from the Maddmann AC spring kit), and I've drilled a hole through my hammer to lighten it. All of that matched with a 13ci/3k air tank gives me a pretty consistent 280fps.

S/T
02-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Had no Idea...
I have owned 3 different Hammers an A which I still own. A Hammer P and a plus and they all had velocity adj bolts.
I guess you learn something new every day.

Ace24
02-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Lol. The Hammer A I bought from Otter won't adjust. :(

I've had to resort to placing shims behind the spring to make it more tense.