PDA

View Full Version : Pump marker popularity

slim and shady
12-31-2007, 07:45 AM
I have always bein a fan of pump guns particularly the Trracer, so simple and effective. New these guns were around 60$ now on Ebay used there selling for 100$ + its crazy. Why are the guns selling for more now when they are used and older?
Its not only the Trracer that is growing in popularity either. At our local feild we are continualy getting more and more pump players, are players starting to take a swing more toward the tactical and skill side of playing? Or is it the cost of playing that is taking people back toward a cheeper more effective game?
Either way lets hope the trend continues anyone who has played a pump only game knows how much fun it can be!

The Pumper
12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
My guess would be a little of both. People may want to get better and save some money.

slim and shady
12-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Another Question I should have brought up after reading another thread is "brand or marker loyalty" with guns like the Trracer do people pay more to still get them out of loyalty to the marker? I love the Trracers I have but the more I watch how the pricetag on these little guys goes up the more it baffels me.
If they are trying to save money why are they paying more then what some markers are worth new? I dunno, But I think generaly overall your probably 100% right. Pump is alot of fun, and its about 1/10 the cost in paint a day to. thanks for the input.

QAZ123
12-31-2007, 08:44 AM
The reason the markers cost so much is cause they are out of production and getting hard to find. People have to outbid just to get there hands on the simplest pump markers.

I think some people are realizing the price of paintball with a high end electro is outrageous and have fallen back on pump play.

JB.