PDA

View Full Version : why no high end guns?

kramernator
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't mean this in a negative way!

but why doesn't kingman make any high end guns, like in the price range of $400-$600 or so?
the most expensive gun they have now is like $170, (not including a $20 rebate and free trigger frame)

i am just curious

newkid
12-30-2007, 06:02 PM
they are an entry level brand targeting the new and just starting out paintballers.

SupaSnipa
12-30-2007, 06:10 PM
:yeahthat:

DFSniper
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
pretty much. its for the same reason that you dont see BE/JT with $600+ guns...(using BE as an example, since many consider them the "lowest" form of entry level markers)

newkid
12-30-2007, 06:48 PM
even if they did make a high end gun many people would be nervous about buying them since they are made by a low end company

chnk
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
^that and they would have some tough competitors,

fighting dms and egos in competition is hard.

Think about it. what kind gun would they probably make? a stacked tube ep/fasor?
fasors they have legends, fusions, and cyborgs to worry about, stack tubed eps they would have the boblong guns, and egos to face,
why bother? the highend business would be tough to enter.

Even if they did it would have to be a truly amazing marker that blows people minds. If its ok, they lose, if its sucks, then thats more negative cool points,

they've tried it a couple times i believe, the raven primal and the em1, both kind of failed. the primal was over priced and ok in performance, the em1, i don't really know.

the only thing i really hope to see from kingman is,

one super spyder, something kind of like the sl74 of spyders,

eyes and more modes standard, ramping(noob seller), standard inline holes for rails and drops, standard asa threading for regs, have decent regs on there all there markers for better velocity consistency

Kenny_McCormic
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
pretty much. its for the same reason that you dont see BE/JT with $600+ guns...(using BE as an example, since many consider them the "lowest" form of entry level markers)
BE used to sell everything from talons to angels, no idea why they stopped selling high end guns. BE used to be a cool innovative company, now they just make cheap nelson and spyder clones. Correct me if im wrong but didnt BE invent speedball and the reuseable paintball? Kingmann did make mid end FASOR guns at one time but they werent successful.

MVS1
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM
There's more money in the entry level markers than High-end markers. It's all about market targeting. Most new-comers buy a $200 or less marker, it's better to own the low-end market than compete w/the high-end names. Kinda like the difference b/t Walmart and Macy's.

colonel_moo
01-01-2008, 07:27 AM
they tried it a few times, failed every time. the market isnt there for kingman.

smokinonbud
01-02-2008, 11:07 PM
having lower priced markers(like kingman) they make more money because starting off playing paintball why do you wanna buy a marker thats $400+
and your not even sure if you'll like paintball. i got a spyder victor 4 thats my first marker i got and i love it because i just dont shoot and shoot im a picky shooter and this guns perfect for that and i use remote line and the guns light as hell.