PDA

View Full Version : Ion discontinued, replaced by Ion Xe....

Hob Hayward
12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Ok, so anyone else seen this? Its the SAME GUN! for $50 more too =/

http://www.sakworldpaintball.com/ionxepagun.html

Other than the body kit, I see NO differences... can someone enlighten me..?

newkid
12-30-2007, 07:04 PM
according to that link it sounds like it is easier to maintain

Kenny_McCormic
12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Its BOB (bolt out back) from the factory and has a nicer looking body. Funny thing is at that price you can buy a promaster and fully up it. Promaster>ION

HelpDeskHustler
12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
it's actually only $25 more, since smartparts re-raised the list price to $200 because they had additional costs due to machines being moved to produce the epiphany.

for some reason i think it has a better feedneck and a QEV, not positive though.

DRAGON
12-30-2007, 07:45 PM
So um.......yer sayin the Ion has been discontinued and replaced by another Ion? That's like saying Hillary Clinton has decided to pull from the democratic presidential nomination and has been replaced by the same Hillary Clinton but with red hair. Same ol evil disposition but now carrying a carrot top. Can you say redundant?

LostCause
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
stoooopid....smart parts is stooopid. lol

Paradox313
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Aw man, I only saw discontinued. I thought it was the end of the Ion.

chnk
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
^not really the new ions are a smart move, one of the reasons ions are hated for is because of no BOB, with this its a better marker,

i honestly wouldnt mind picking one up, but for $200 I pass, buy a $75 ion and the new body kit,

timbertiger20
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
it's actually only $25 more, since smartparts re-raised the list price to $200 because they had additional costs due to machines being moved to produce the epiphany.

for some reason i think it has a better feedneck and a QEV, not positive though.

Promasters are at $100

HelpDeskHustler
12-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Promasters are at $100
Talons are at $20. But I don't see how that's relevant.

timbertiger20
12-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I thought your response was to Kenny's.......apparently it was to the new ION pricing!

druid
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I see nothing in that link that suggests the standard Ion is being discontinued. All it says is that the additonal parts are sent along with the Ion marker for the USER to reconfigure it to that particular marker model.

Please don't post misleading commentary...or at least provide links to the actual claim that it's D/C'd...

paintballkid0206
12-31-2007, 04:44 PM
like druid said, it doesn't sound like it's discontinued. it sounds like they just came out with a new version of the Ion. it looks like there's a new feedneck, body kit, and an easy-strip bolt.

Critical
12-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Sooo.....let me get this straight. Smart Parts comes out with a new Ion that actually is an improvment over the old one and it's like the Death Star just got re-built, but Dye/Proto/whoever can come out with whatever they want for the new season, everyone goes monkey poop over it, even though the only real changes are cosmetic, and that's okay?

Hmmm...interesting.

DRAGON
12-31-2007, 06:27 PM
If you're refering to the PMR and SLG, they aren't similar at all cept they have the D/P name backing them -

Kenny_McCormic
12-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Sooo.....let me get this straight. Smart Parts comes out with a new Ion that actually is an improvment over the old one and it's like the Death Star just got re-built, but Dye/Proto/whoever can come out with whatever they want for the new season, everyone goes monkey poop over it, even though the only real changes are cosmetic, and that's okay?

Hmmm...interesting.

The only improvement is bolt out back, a feature that should have came with it in the first place.

druid
01-01-2008, 02:25 AM
The only improvement is bolt out back, a feature that should have came with it in the first place.

Exactly.

I will say that in all likelyhood, the original Ion firing chambers will be out-moded and replaced with the XE BOB feature...but not until all the currently stocked Ions are gone from stores and SP warehouses.

HelpDeskHustler
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
meh, Ions shoot better than PMR's anyway. A little heavy, but they still are better IMO.

Hob Hayward
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
http://blog.sakworldpaintball.com/smart-parts-discontinues-the-ion-for-the-ion-xe/

Sorry, I thought this is what I posted...

Ace24
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Exactly.

I will say that in all likelyhood, the original Ion firing chambers will be out-moded and replaced with the XE BOB feature...but not until all the currently stocked Ions are gone from stores and SP warehouses.
So you do think they'll release an upgrade for the older ones then? If so, I'm looking forward to that.

Wonder if this means the old ION's will become more "valuable" because of rarity? Hahaha.

newkid
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Wonder if this means the old ION's will become more "valuable" because of rarity? Hahaha.
yeah I bet :dodgy:

druid
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Ace...no idea. As soon as I hear something...I'll let everyone know....and; uh...no...lmao