PDA

View Full Version : Co2 and pump markers

slim and shady
12-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I am using a Trracer pump for the winter season (My MR2 just doesnt seem to like the cold) I havent had trouble and it lead me to a question. Do you have to worry about freezing your pump marker like you do a fully or semi auto in winter? I have a bigger tornament comming up and im worried about Co2 freeze up then, its supposed to be pretty cold.

Also I was wondering if anyone had a guarented for sure answear if you can use HPA with a Trracer? I have never heard of it but I thought maby someone would know?

Anyway thanks in advance to anyone who may respond.

Hossy
12-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Im sure that you can use HPA on any gun-

CO2 will be bad on either gun in the winter. consistancy will be not very good.
Pump wont be too bad in the winter, its basically like any gun.

slim and shady
12-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Ok great so i can use HPA and if I use CO2 I still shouldnt have any trouble. Thanks for the help.
I would use my HPA but a friend wants to use it for his full auto in return I get another Trracer sounds like a great trade to me!

druid
12-30-2007, 08:31 PM
1. Yes you can use HPA on a Trracer. I used my 114/45 in the dead of Winter at Stalingrad on it and there were absolutely no isues.
2. Paint's used more slowly and gets cold. Shells get more brittle so when making the pump stroke, make sure you don't 'short-stroke' it or use a strong force-fed hopper. Revvi or Egg-types should be max...
3. don't use any oil in the marker, use dow 33.

slim and shady
12-31-2007, 08:29 AM
ok great, do you still have to worry about such brittelness with winter paint? I never really had a prob with that before but i have used winter paint.

druid
01-15-2008, 12:53 AM
nope. Winter paint's designed a bit differently for that season. The only issues I ever had were ball roll-outs (paint too small for bore) and chopping the ball because I moved the pump arm too fast and the gravity hopper wouldn't feed it fast enough.