PDA

View Full Version : AutoCocker Issues

HeadShot
12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Ok long story in 5 sentences.

Went to pawn shop. sold 6 co2 bottles for 10 bucks. saw an Eblade autococker for $345. in the store tested it out with some compressed air, something is wrong internaly. talked the price down to $175 minus 10 for the tanks pluss the fact that it didn't come with a barrel and came with a vl quantom loader.

bought the Cocker for $165 +tax.

I really do not know what kind of autococker she is . She has some shocktech parts and the eclipseblade with the eclipse front block. stock reg. I think its a ccm twist feedneck. she has this bolt with "A+ anodizing". Its probably the stock bolt.

its the frame that is throwing me off, all last night I was on google trying to figure out what she is. I took a few pics and put them on photo bucket. If you need any close up shots , let me know.

1 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun005.jpg)2 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun006.jpg)3 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun007.jpg)

Also I can't figure out how to use the board modes properly. but I'm tinkering with it and figureing it out on my own. Walktroughs would be greatly apreciated I don't want to hurt her.

SupaSnipa
12-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Whooah! You got your self an AIM Eagle bodied Ebalded cocker

*EDIT*
Well I no longer have mine but I can help you a little with the mode changes
#1-Are there 3 buttons on the back?(I believe the middle one changes them)
#2-What version is the board? (When you turn it on it will say Zero B if its a Zero B board or if its just an Eclipse board is it .24?)

Now, If I remember properly, you hold down the middle button. When doing so you it brings up different options, you use the top and bottom buttons to scroll up and down, when you get to the modes option click the middle button and then scroll up and down until you find the mode you want, then scroll to back and you should have it. Now I might have missed or got some parts wrong but that is basically how you change it. (I think)
If you have just a stock board that is v .24 it is semi only meaning it has the modes Semi, Training, and Classic

*EDIT x2*
Thats not the stock bolt because its Delrin, if yoyu take a pic or 2 of the bolt when its out I may be able to tell you what kind it is

HeadShot
12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Is that GOOD?????

SupaSnipa
12-30-2007, 12:42 PM
The AIM body? Yes that is good

HeadShot
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Phew, I thought It was bad. I realy don't know performance wise how good this is.

Did I get a good price? I could have haggled longer but I had things to do.

its funny I went onto Aim web page I was right about the ccm feed neck, Man I'm getting old

DriverJ
12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Type of Cocker:
Its a custom marker, as it is an AIM Paintball Eagle body.

It has an E2 style frame and 3 way noid.

Your board I can't say for sure, but it should say when it boots up. If its a version .24 then you have semi, classic and I believe training mode.

If its version 1.10 or ZeroB you have PSP, Millenium, training, semi and classic

You can get the manual for the E2 at PlanetEclipse.com under downloads. Its a must have.

There is NO stock bolt for that marker as they are complete customs you put together your own marker with their body.

STOP TINKERING NOW. Read read read. search for moody paintball and read all of his cocker info, then goto PBNation and read all the stickies, and try on customcockers they will also be a great resource.

the more you tinker the more you can fubar things with any marker.

If you get a pic of the other side of the marker so I can see the LPR and ram I should be able to tell you what they are, but the ram from the current pic does look like an eclipse ram without QEV's.

The HPR looks like its possiblity from an ION or NXT shocker, but I can't say for sure.

You got a decent deal on the marker.

HeadShot
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
OK , no more tinkering!

I'll take more Pics , when I get home in a little bit (30-40 mins). on start up it says E2 and under that it says 1*10.

DriverJ
12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
OK , no more tinkering!

I'll take more Pics , when I get home in a little bit (30-40 mins). on start up it says E2 and under that it says 1*10.

ok so you have 2 ramping modes, 1 semi, "classic" and training

Semi is uncapped with the eyes on, and with the eyes off I believe cap is 12? I can't remember right off the top tho (it is in the manual).

Classic makes it behave like a mech cocker, hold the trigger and the bolt stays open and waits for the trigger release.

training allows you to practice with the trigger as if it were in uncapped semi without actually firing.

SupaSnipa
12-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok then that means you have a new board and, like DriverJ said, it has PSP, Millenium, training, semi and classic

One more thing, I learned this the hard way, if you want to sell, you better part because you can get alot (more than you paid) for just the Eblade

Muddytaco
12-30-2007, 02:20 PM
A+ anodizing made there own bolt but bolts really make no difference in cockers so its not really a upgrade.

Like its been said its a E2 with all the modes.

Button use:
top controls eye, and scrolls up in menus
middle turns it on and off and is used to access a menu or save setting
bottom resets bps or whatever you have the menu set to display, scrolls down in menus

In order to get to timing and mode menu you have to press the red button on the board inside the grips.

As for the rest of the parts on the gun:
body and feedneck are AIM
LPR could be a number of different companys
ram looks like a belsales evo from its shape need close up pics to really tell
Reg is stock ion reg
has shocktech snatch grip and beavertail

HeadShot
12-30-2007, 04:32 PM
ok, I'm back. I got home and dinner was on the table for me.Sorry for the delay.
Great info, Thanks guys. I'm going to get that manual tonight and print it out. After that I'm probably going to gut it, make the needed repairs , and make her work like new.

If I run into a problem on the way I'll post it down here. Thanks for helping me out, I'd still be trying to figure out what kind of cocker this is If it wasn't for all of your guidence, wisdom , and pointing to the right direction. Thank You!

As always if you want more Ask, and now here are some more pics.

Reg pic 1 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun009.jpg) Reg pic 2 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun010.jpg) Bolt pic (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun012.jpg) beaver tail (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun014.jpg) Front block pic 1 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun016.jpg) front block pic 2 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun015.jpg) front block pic 3 (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun013.jpg)

SupaSnipa
12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah the Ram looks like a Besales ram, I however don't know what kind of LPR youre running. When you get everything figured out slap some QEV's on there and then it'll be sweet. If youre looking for a project gun I have some ideas for upgrades

DriverJ
12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Its a belsales ram.

Can't say for sure on the LPR.

Some suggestions.

Get a better HPR. Those ION HPRs blow. A CP is good bet, send me a PM if you are interested in buying one.
Get some QEV's on that ram, the bolt is fine.

What kind of problem does the gun have currently?

HeadShot
12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah I have a Cp reg from my Spyder that I can use for now. I also have an On off asa that I can switch over to it when need be.I'll deffinitaly be looking for a cp with a psi dial.
I read the instructions and it said to not let the Psi go over 100 or it will damage the noid. So I was thinking to just lower the reg on my Spyder to 95 and then put it on the Cocker.

Per instruction manual, I have broken down the gun to the point of removal of the valve. The striker is removed and its very corroded, I'll polish it up that should take care of that problem. Its in need of a cleaning.

I'm having trouble removing the valve, even though I'm following the manual.

so far I have 2 broken o-rings. and in need of some marker grease.

Muddytaco
12-31-2007, 08:13 AM
You need a valve tool to remove the valve nut, which is holding it in.

HeadShot
12-31-2007, 10:10 AM
dang.The pbstore is closed today as well. so I can't check the valve.

Btw what kind of lube should I use..I have some white lith, oil, Gp grease, lock oil, teflon oil, liquid wax. or should i just wait till I go to the pb shop.

DriverJ
12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Marker oil or a product called wurth HHS 2000. For the reg, use Dow 33 like any normal HPR.

I'd go with the eblade manuals recommendation of wurth (SP?) hhs 2000

HeadShot
01-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Alright guys , I went ahead and ordered a parts kit ,"bonebreak" (https://www.orderpaintball.com/product.php?productid=111616&cat=8562&page=1). and I polished up the striker. It was pretty bad , I just hope that the valve isn't as sticky and corroded and the striker is. valve before (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun018.jpg), and after (http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/lauriecooper2004/paintballgun019.jpg).

Driverj the wurth stuff looks pretty hardcore. wonder if hater sauce would work the same??

also Qev's there's two different brands to choose from. Eclipse and another one..any way I'm sure that the eclipse qev is better??

also found the eclipse A/c Dart bolt , samurai trigger and nexus ram these I take it are some decent ups. I'd like to get them before they are no longer availibal. money is no issue for me..its time. thats the only issue.

DriverJ
01-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Driverj the wurth stuff looks pretty hardcore. wonder if hater sauce would work the same??

also Qev's there's two different brands to choose from. Eclipse and another one..any way I'm sure that the eclipse qev is better??

also found the eclipse A/c Dart bolt , samurai trigger and nexus ram these I take it are some decent ups. I'd like to get them before they are no longer availibal. money is no issue for me..its time. thats the only issue.

The wurth and Hater are not the same, you could possibly use the hater sauce, but I like to go with the recommendation of the manufacturer.

Go with the Eclipse QEV.

The bolt won't make a huge difference, but if its cheap and you don't have a delrin bolt already do it.
The Nexus ram is very nice, do it.

The samurai trigger is not my personal favorite. I like the FBM delrin triggers personally. If you can find one its a good buy.

Finally, thats a damn good polishing job on the hammer. You should have a nice working cocker in no time. Have you downloaded the manual from PE yet?

HeadShot
01-03-2008, 07:26 PM
The bolt won't make a huge difference, but if its cheap and you don't have a delrin bolt already do it.
The Nexus ram is very nice, do it.

The samurai trigger is not my personal favorite. I like the FBM delrin triggers personally. If you can find one its a good buy.

Finally, thats a damn good polishing job on the hammer. You should have a nice working cocker in no time. Have you downloaded the manual from PE yet?

yea, the bolt I have is made of delrin. So maybe later I could get one.

I need to take apart the ram that I have to see if its not a nexus. if it is I'll just replace the oring on it grease it and call it a day. if not, I was thinking about getting another belsales ram, in chrome. they have them at e-paintball with the nexus ram.

never knew about delrin triggers. I googled ,"FBM delrin triggers" and went to there site , it looks ok. Is it a magno trigger? it didn't say.

Thanks , The hammer only took me 20 mins to get a real good shine on it. Yes I have the PE manual. Its on my pc at home. at work I cant download "stuff".

________ UP date____________01062008

I have the parts kit and have recently instaled the new o-rings, and hardware. when I get back home from work I'm going to install a reg dial on the front block. I'm still waiting for the wurth 200 to come in, so I've just used some regular pbgun oil for timing. for now.

the ram's internals looked fine to me, no scratches or dings, changed the o-ring eventhough it looked ok. I'm going to get the qev's later this month, and I was thinking about getting the new ram plus a dye lpr and a hyper 2 with a dye lp dial for the Fb. I think that would be good ,I like chrome.

I still need to get a barrel, or at least an adapter. I have to get air. and I need to put the gun back to its factory set. I have it cranked up and on trainning mode. I can hit 12 bps!! yeah! :D I know I'm slow

HeadShot
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I didn't want to post up a new thread. So I appologize for the DP.

This (http://www.sitemfg.com/stiffi-bolt.html) looked realy friggin cool. I was surprized to find that stiffi barrels are afordable..on E-bay!

but seriously I can afford the stiffi switch , I can sell off my J&J edge elite (spyder thread), a 05 electra, a VL quantam with an extra shell.

sounds good?? or sould I just get the autococker backs for the Edge??

SupaSnipa
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I say St!ffi Switch

HeadShot
01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
yeah, I'm probably going to do that, I can get 2 backs for my spyder with the kit.

I managed to get air into the marker , and it leaks heavily from the ram. I even tried timing it. as I said befor there's no scratches , or dings on the ram. I changed the o-ring on the ram..I tried to take the cocking rod off of the ram but its seized on there real good.

so now I'm looking into getting a new rod and a new ram. T.T

SupaSnipa
01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I think you should get a .44 Magnum ram, they are nice

HeadShot
01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I did better than finding just the ram , I found THE kit. :D :D :D

its here http://www.belsales.co.uk/pa.htm. Sent an e-mail and waiting for a response.

I'll let you know if they have one Snipa.

SupaSnipa
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Looks cool, yeah it does have everything

BTW, If you get that kit and dont want the stickers I will probly buy them off you because i might be getting a Halo and it will need stickers

bigred76
01-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Ouch, just Google'd the currency exchange, and that aint cheap! I'd consider buying used... I've never had a problem with QEV'd STO rams, btw.

HeadShot
01-14-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah, $255 over there . Its alright though. It comes with everything that I need to rebuild the guts of my broken Cocker. I have to go through Compulsive paintball to get the kit and I'm getting a discount I think. All my parts are going to be Belsales Evo, So I'm not getting lowgrade parts.

I considered buying used. but I'd have to pick peice by peice by peice. also the ebay competiton sucks..make a bid with 10 sec left only to get out bid right at the last second.

For me there is just some things I would like to have new.

I'll be selling the palmer Lpr for a Dye Rocket unless I can get a chrome sleave for the palmer...*(sigh)*

HeadShot
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Ok, the parts have been ordered. I went the Dye Rocket (Black/Chrome)/Hyper2(Polish Black)/MiniDial route. I also have ordered the Evo Kit in chrome

as for a asa on/off...haven't decided. I also am probably going to get that delrin trigger. I was thinking about geting the board flashed to 2.0 but is it really worth it??

and while I was at it I got my Spyder the Ego FeedNeck. I put Spikes on the frame yesterday , looks real nice. I'll get a pic up when I put the ego neck on.