PDA

View Full Version : My new addition...

Jegger24
12-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I always wanted this marker but I just couldn't seem to part with that much cash. I promised that if I could get a great deal on one, then I would do it. Well, I splurged on what I thought was a good deal. Here's what I got.... BTW, sorry for the imperfect pictures...

Black VLocity, Angel1 Marker, and gray JT Flex8 with a vortex fan (fan isn't here yet)
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/jegger24/RageA1.jpg

Angel1 Miami Rage "Limited Edition" with barrel backs and front
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/jegger24/RageA1_00.jpg

Left side of Angel1 (tags and screen protector still on :D)
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/jegger24/RageA1_02.jpg

Right side of Angel1
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n297/jegger24/RageA1_01.jpg

The biggest thing that surprised me is that I received the new Rage edition with the tattoos! I thought I was getting the older, more "plain" version...which I thought was HOT anyways! I also thought that I was getting Flex7's in the package, but they were upgraded to Flex8's without my knowledge.

I know it says you can run it on a HP tank, but I am gonna wait and get an LP anyways. I can't wait to get this thing rockin'!

newkid
12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
NICE!!!! I really like angels but those inparticular

bamf-hacker
12-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Very nice!!!

I think I need an Angel in my collection.

timmyshoota
12-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I know it says you can run it on a HP tank, but I am gonna wait and get an LP anyways. I can't wait to get this thing rockin'!

Waste of money. Just use a HP tank and save your cash for paint. Its completely unnecessary to use a LP tank anymore. Thats 2 years in the past.

LostCause
12-29-2007, 05:29 PM
nice gun man! Tell us how it shoots!

shunut
12-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Very nice...

and I agree with Chris, just go with an HP tank, is much more versitile.

Muddytaco
01-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Waste of money. Just use a HP tank and save your cash for paint. Its completely unnecessary to use a LP tank anymore. Thats 2 years in the past.

Very nice...

and I agree with Chris, just go with an HP tank, is much more versitile.

I disagree, my rage A1 was completely anal about having a LP tank.....I tired it with HP several times and had 3 different problems-bolt stick, not being able to go below 300 fps and when it did work it would shoot like +/- 10....You can get a used LP tank on pbn for cheap.....I got a crossfire 68/4500 with 5 years on hydro left and tank cover shipped for $100

timbertiger20
01-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Just get a spring from the reg manufacturer. Usually less than $5! Sometimes if they don't meet their specs they'll even give you some for free. Guerrilla Air sent me some extra high pressure springs for mags for free that were over their specs for HP output :)

battlechaser
01-02-2008, 03:03 AM
God that's pimp.. Luuucky.. ;)

Ace24
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I like the tattoos... especially the left side >.<

timmyshoota
01-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I disagree, my rage A1 was completely anal about having a LP tank.....I tired it with HP several times and had 3 different problems-bolt stick, not being able to go below 300 fps and when it did work it would shoot like +/- 10....You can get a used LP tank on pbn for cheap.....I got a crossfire 68/4500 with 5 years on hydro left and tank cover shipped for $100

I've put HP on every Angel from the G7 on, and had no issues.

battlechaser
01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I like the tattoos... especially the left side >.<

I detect a trend here......

Jegger24
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Trust me everyone...the pictures do not do this thing justice! If only I had Muddytaco photo taking skills!

Ace24
01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I detect a trend here......
...lol.

Is it that obvious?

Plus... it's been a month almost... gf and I are antsy. (If it isn't showing)

But yeah, I love the Rage A1's. Got the Love/Hate on my mask/hopper too haha.

MVS1
01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Nice score and welcome to the Angel Family, hit up http://www.angel-owners.com/, excellent source of info and help and right now in the sales corner are some great deals on some things you'll want to pick up, pressure gauges (mini-reg a.k.a HPR and LPR) so you can tune your A1 to the recommended HPR 270psi and LPR 57psi, expanded barrel kit which is the smaller backs and 16" tip. Also the new 3 piece eyecovers are definitely worth the $15. Check out www.fixmyangel.com as well, Master Tech Bob Moon runs it and is an excellent guy to do business with.
Now as for the tank reg question, YES you can to run an HP tank as long as it is putting out no more than 850psi, less is desired more in the range of 450-650 psi, and don't take the tank manufactures word for it, you can test its output easy enough if you have a marker with a gauge on the ASA or take it to a shop and have them verify the output. YOU will have issues if you use an HP tank putting out more than 850psi. Now you can get an LP kit for pretty much every reg out there for $25 or less, so if your current tank is running high just pick up an LP kit. Expect to see +/-7 fps varience and fair air efficiency until you get 3 or 4 cases through it, but once the mini-reg is broken in you'll be pretty pleased with its performance. And there will be some new internals coming out within the next month or so that will drop operating pressure down into the 170psi HPR and 45psi on the LPR range. If you have any questions feel free to ask away as there are somethings in the manual that are geared towards older software revisions that might cause ya a little confusion. Your gonna love your A1!!!!

timmyshoota
01-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Trust me everyone...the pictures do not do this thing justice! If only I had Muddytaco photo taking skills!

A good backdrop, and a quality camera and you are in business. He's said it before he shoots in automatic. He knows how to set up the photo.

Jegger24
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
If I can stop spending my $$$ on paintball, then I will get a more quality camera! :D

Muddytaco
01-03-2008, 08:16 AM
A good backdrop, and a quality camera and you are in business. He's said it before he shoots in automatic. He knows how to set up the photo.

He speaks the truth, almost all of my pics are taken in auto mode, except when a manual override is needed. Right back ground with the right lighting and a quality camera can do wonders.

Jegger24
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
He speaks the truth, almost all of my pics are taken in auto mode, except when a manual override is needed. Right back ground with the right lighting and a quality camera can do wonders.

Do you still have the Sony by chance? I have some birthday, Christmas, and holiday bonus money burning a hole in my pocket... :D What would be some quality camera suggestions?

Right now I have a Kodak EasyShare CX7430. I bought it for my snowmobiling trips and didn't want to spend too much $$$ in case it got damaged or lost.

Thanks for all the different kinds of info everyone!!

Tito=PBL
01-05-2008, 06:29 AM
really nice gat there! i like how its "LOve" one side and "hate" the other..idk its cool lol

Muddytaco
01-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I got a sony H9 and love it, IMO its the best camera without going to DSRL.