PDA

View Full Version : mirco/macroline whats the diff?

kramernator
12-29-2007, 07:20 AM
what is the difference between microline and macroline hoses? i think one is for N2 and the other is for co2, but i'm not sure. i have a spyder rodeo and i run CO2 through it, which should i choose?

lets say i bought a one of the two hose for my gun, i installed it and it was working just fine, but then i wanted to change something, like one of the elbows. would i be able to pull out the hose and put it into a new elbow?

mr1 sniper
12-29-2007, 08:15 AM
they both work for anything. you might need some different fittings to get them to fit on your gun. it depends on the look that you like

Kenny_McCormic
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
For co2 braided stainless steel hose is the best choice.

vikingshadow
12-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Microline has a very small inner and outer diameter and isn't good for an air passage from the ASA to the regulator. It's better served for use from like an LPR to a solenoid where not a lot of air or pressure is needed. In most cases, you would most need Macroline, and always for the connection from ASA to gun. (Micro = very small, Macro = large).

You can run Co2 through macroline but there have been instances when it blows - not really common, but it has happened. To run macroline, you're going to need to compression fittings, usually two 90* elbows, or one 90* elbow and a straight fitting. Microline won't fit in macroline fittings - it's too small. And yes, if you want different hose, all you would have to do is remove the hose and switch it out with the other.

bamf-hacker
12-29-2007, 05:12 PM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/49/hose1ey8.jpg

That is what can happen with Macro and C02

If you can use steal braid with C02. If you want to make it easy change use a quick disconnect on it.

vikingshadow
12-29-2007, 06:33 PM
That's the exact picture I remembered when I posted that they have blown before. Wasn't that from someone on SOC?

bamf-hacker
12-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah ME :)

I practically had an accident in my pants when it did...

mr1 sniper
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
i guess it'd be better to listen to the experts lol on the macro/co2 issue

kramernator
12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
yeah, i think i will stick with the steel hose,
thanks!