PDA

View Full Version : The petition against Mick Magoo ever refereeing agian thread!

badlandsrox
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Anyone watch the flames vs Vancouver today? where conroy took a shot from the blue line and it went in? well anyway, if you haven't, heres the synopsis, conroy took the shot from the blue line, a little high, it went in the net, and mick signalled a goal... easy enough, right? WRONG, upon a video review of said play, wherein there was a downward swinging stick of a flames player, and a glove of a canuck player, both in close vicinity, making it hard to determine which hit the puck(Video Review lasted a little over 8 minuites, possibly 10), mcgoo waves the goal off. heres where the story gets real interesting, The goal was waved off because according to the NHL, magoo officially waved the goal off in the first place, and there wasnt enough evidence either way to change the ruling on the ice. There were about 4 camera angles of the play ALL showing him pointing at the net for a goal (not that camera angle can change how that appears at all), this was 10 min to go with the flames down by 2, with the goal, it would have been one, and they were gaining momentum all the way until this, at which point everything went down the drain, officially making this the 2nd game Mcgoo has majorly blew the flames chances, (1st was game six of the stanley cup finals in 2004 i belive, year before the lockout anyways), and has done many minor things that have resulted in flames losses over the year, but this one, ESPECIALLY after everything from 04 is what really makes me mad, although what makes me even madder, is that he is still allowed to ref in the NHL, or any league for that matter. :mad:

Moe
12-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Canucks and their hockey! lol

But really. Sounds terrible. Dude needs some new glasses.

TheRedBarron
12-28-2007, 11:15 PM
1:45 Moe...