PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with a shutter

pryor
12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm rebuilding a shutter that my bro-in-law bought from a guy he works with, the marker was in pieces. I have put together and it cycles, but doesn't have enough power to shoot the ball, it only gets about halfway down the barrel, then stops and has to be pushed out with a squeegee. I have checked all the o-rings that I can find and they look good. I have removed the drop forward and the expansion chamber the mounted the co2 tank vertically, thinking that it wasn't getting enough air, and had the same problem. There doesn't seem to be any leaks. Swapped out three different tanks no change. Adjusted the velocity also, with no change.

Any ideas? Need any other info?

Thanks!

newkid
12-27-2007, 06:15 AM
are you missing any parts?

vikingshadow
12-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Turn the bolt over. There's a hole in it that needs to be facing down.

I'd bet a dollar that's the problem.

bamf-hacker
12-27-2007, 06:37 AM
I second that Vike. If the air cant get to the ball it wont go far.

Also make sure you have all the parts, including the striker buffer. That pesky rubber buffer likes to go a stray.

pryor
12-27-2007, 06:53 AM
I have a diagram from kingman and I'm fairly certian I have all the parts, including the striker buffer (it was missing).

When I put the marker together there was a short piece of metal sticking out from the bolt, it lined up to the hole in the top of the striker when I put everything back in the body. Is that right? I didn't see anyway to put the bolt in otherwise.

Thanks

vikingshadow
12-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Did you make sure that the air hole on the bolt (the big hole in the middle of the body, not the front hole at the front of the bolt) is facing down?

Kenny_McCormic
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Your valve might be in backwards, make sure the big hole is facing forward.

shunut
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I had this exact problem with my shutter and like Vike said make sure that the bolt is in the correct way, that was my problem. I spent all day trying to fix it at the field, got home and played with and found that I put the bolt in upside down after the last time I cleaned it.

Also check the valve, although I don't think that is the problem it could be.

pryor
12-28-2007, 05:11 AM
You guys rock!

that was the problem... the pin that holds the bolt to the striker was in the wrong spot... took less than 5 minitues to fix...

Another problem. When I shot the marker it would shot two or three balls then acted like it was out of air. The tank was just filled (swapped it at walmart... which maybe the problem) I recocked the marker and it fired two or three shots then quit again... I did this severel times. I thought that the regulator might need to be adjusted, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks Again

bamf-hacker
12-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Make sure your gun is well lubed.

If I am not mistaken there is no regulator on that gun, just an expansion chamber.

vikingshadow
12-28-2007, 06:24 AM
I also was unaware there is a regulator on the gun. Make sure all orings are lubed as hacker said, then make certain your tank is full. Sometimes when you swap tanks, you get an empty one by mistake.

Technically, without a reg, you can easily trace the problem. Start at the tank and make sure it's full - make sure the pin valve is being depressed all the way, as well. Check your ASA - is it clear? Then, follow your hose - is it kinked? Blocked? If that's ok, and you've lubed the orings, you'll need to make sure you have your valve in the correct way, then check your orings on your striker and bolt. That's all there really can be.

If you have a reg, that could be the cause and brings up other problems.

shunut
12-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Stock out of the box there is a regulator on the Shutter. It has a bottomline reg, well I think thats what they call them (instead of an asa it has a regulator there).

vikingshadow
12-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Ah, I didn't know that. It could be the regulator then.