PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket parts

king-man
12-26-2007, 06:50 PM
are there any aftermarket air valves, as well as striker bolts, springs, or delrin bolts. Oh and what about trigger frames and grips, any of those on the market. I need some because my gun is a project i've had in mind for a while, no stock parts. And,that way i would have to vs's. That's all i need to complete my two gun, that some orings and screws but those won't be as hard.

Hossy
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
are there any aftermarket air valves, as well as striker bolts, springs, or delrin bolts. Oh and what about trigger frames and grips, any of those on the market. I need some because my gun is a project i've had in mind for a while, no stock parts. And,that way i would have to vs's. That's all i need to complete my two gun, that some orings and screws but those won't be as hard.

Check out the Ultimate resource thread inmy sig.
Everything is there!

king-man
12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
are vs parts any different from other spyder, like buy an esp frame and stik it on my vs body and like buy a regular striker and do the same.

faithalone
12-27-2007, 05:44 PM
the quick answer to your question is "no" the VS series is quite different from any other kingman marker and therefore many parts that work with their other markers are not interchangeable. like hossy said....read the resource thread in his sig or the sticky here on this board or the sticky on the usergroup board at ***********.com

most of all...if you just got your vs (which i am assuming you did but forgive me if I am wrong) then just use it like it is...learn the marker inside and out and then figure out what you would like to change and do one upgrade at a time and fine tune it before adding another upgrade....

i made the huge mistake once of adding a tboard...new bolt...new striker and a new regulator/asa at one time.....i had some problems and had no idea where to start because i didnt know what was causing the error....

if i knew then what i knew know i would have done one upgrade at a time and it would be in this order:

HPA and fast loader (like a halo or vlocity if you do not already have one)

a new barrel...J&J ceramic 14" if you can only afford a one piece or a nice kit if you are fortunate enough to have the money (my favorite kit has been my freak kit with stainless inserts but I have also used an empire kit, and I had a evil pipe kit on my cocker and just picked up an entire kit for my VS for only $50 brand new)

a new asa and reg adapter and regulator.....

a new board--- i use and recommend the Tadao board with the upgrade chip

you will not gain much performance from a new striker or bolt at this time....

have fun!

king-man
12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
most of all...if you just got your vs (which i am assuming you did but forgive me if I am wrong)
I'm not really looking to uprgade my parts, its just i need some to put in a another gun im building from my spare parts. I have a body, reg, block front grip, feedneck, barrel, board, and body kit. Now all i need is a trigger frame, and the internals, thats the only reason im looking for after market parts. Nah i have a prob rite now im not sure how to fix but everytime i work on it it gets littler so hopefully i'll have it fixed. Probably shouldn't have tried to upgrade something that worked.

king-man
12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
also, check my sig, thats a years worth of slowly buying parts to make it that, so thats how long i'v had it

king-man
12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
since i didn't feel like making a new thread i thought this one kind of went togeather, would a new bolt keep me from chooping paint with both ball detents? i have to use only one or i chop paint, idk y i just read it somewhere

faithalone
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
i am not sure that it would resolve the problem of chopping paint and i have never personally seen this......

i did have an issue with a stock bolt where it was rubbing on a detent and causing some friction and loss of efficiency. i took my dremel tool and made the groove a bit larger to accomodate the dentents and allow for more clearance and voila....

one warning....i was also trying another experiment and took the dremel and took off too much of the grooves and this caused the edge of my bolt to become sharp and i started chopping paint in the breech like crazy :(

i only use one detent on my vs and it works fine...i was at the field today (for the first time in over a month which was almost better than sex :) ) and did not have one break and my marker was performing flawlessly....

hope that helps

king-man
12-28-2007, 09:07 PM
very much, thnks!