PDA

View Full Version : New gun

tater_salad
12-25-2007, 11:19 AM
So I got some money for Christmas so now i'm in the market for a new gun. So which one would you guys say get?

Forgot to put in the poll, the Infamous comes with a Torque loader and a 3+2+2 NXE Harness.

timmyshoota
12-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Protege. Leaps and bounds better than anything else listed.

LostCause
12-25-2007, 12:35 PM
be the Spieces, then give it to me :D Though i still voted spieces, i dont see them around where i am much, and is a solid gun.

12-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I voted karni just because I love cockers

Kenny_McCormic
12-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I would go with the protege unless the karnivor has been MQed.

pbgrandpa
12-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Protege

timbertiger20
12-26-2007, 09:56 AM
06 Borg........should go for around $500 and would be 10 times easier to maintain and it should also have better stats across the board than most of those markers!

SupaSnipa
12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
E2Karnivore all the way!! You shoot an e Cocker so you know how uber awesome they are! Personally, I would either get the Karni or just use the money to get an E2 for your Superstock and upgrade stuff like the pneumatics (Tickler LPR, .44 ram, QEV's)

tater_salad
12-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I already have a Belsale's Ram and MQ2 Valve on the way for my Superstock. I just want another gun to mess around with.

The Pumper
12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
If you want a gun to mess around with, get an ion.

tater_salad
12-26-2007, 12:22 PM
What I meant was I wanted a gun i've never owned before like a Timmy only reason I haven't already got the Karnivor is because I have a Cocker already.

mr1 sniper
12-26-2007, 12:23 PM
borg

timbertiger20
12-26-2007, 02:21 PM
If you want a gun to mess around with Borg is deffinitely not it! If you want a marker you never have to worry about.......Borg all the way!

timmyshoota
12-26-2007, 02:30 PM
06 Borg........should go for around $500 and would be 10 times easier to maintain and it should also have better stats across the board than most of those markers!

You have proof of these claims or just pushing your product?

SupaSnipa
12-26-2007, 03:51 PM
I already have a Belsale's Ram and MQ2 Valve on the way for my Superstock. I just want another gun to mess around with.
If I'm not mistaken (you can confirm with MuddyTaco) you CANNOT use the MQ valve with the Worrframe. I think you need a Worrblade or an E Blade

vikingshadow
12-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know anything about the Protege, other than I think it's rather ugly. However, since I know that guns can't be judged by their looks, take this with a grain of salt. I've heard it's a good platform, though.

Out of all the Timmies, I liked the Alias the most. I've shot my teammate's quest, and it was really good as well. Karnivors are pretty cool, though I'm seeing less and less of these every year.

As I'm a fan of spoolies, I'd vote for a PM or DM if you had them up there - since they aren't, my vote goes with the Alias. I assume with those you've mentioned, you're looking to buy used. If you're in the mood for something different, and maybe cheaper, perhaps a little birdie can give you directions...Cough cough - see my sales threads - cough cough! HAHAHA! ;)

Hossy
12-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Cough cough - ... - cough cough!

Dang that birdie is about to die.....

Out of those, the protege.

timbertiger20
12-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Proof.........I have a bunch of 06's on our team and well.........never had one break down yet! My personal one is getting 2150 per 68/4500 and will shoot 33 BPS all day long. The only area it might be beat is in the weight catagory. And that would be by the protege. Not sure.......I'd have to dig through my photos. As per me pushing product.........there are only a couple 06's new for sale......and they're all black........I mostly pick them up by trades for my guys! I've shot lots of Timmy's including the Protege and well it was new, it kicked really hard at World Cup. Hoping it was just not tuned right!

bigred76
12-28-2007, 01:53 AM
:yeahthat: I love my Borg. I was toying with the idea of trading mine recently because it's TOO perfect. Nothing ever goes wrong with it, and I'm getting bored. :( Timmy's, on the other hand, are always interesting and always shoot well so long as you keep them juuuuuust right. I haven't shot a Protege yet, but I've heard that they're damn good. I just saw one here in the Sales Section for $500 with a UL, which I'd snap up in a heartbeat if I had that pocket change! You might want to check it out. ;)

tater_salad
12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I seen it last night. I need to hurry up and get my paycheck so I can get it.:)

timbertiger20
12-28-2007, 08:12 PM

LOL and now I realize......in reality.......you were trying to off load your marker on him! Way to reverse that

Luckily my boys in the miltia got my back

timmyshoota
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
LOL and now I realize......in reality.......you were trying to off load your marker on him! Way to reverse that

Luckily my boys in the miltia got my back
Um, idiot, I made that post before I even posted my gun for sale, or even thought about selling it.

I made my post because there are Alias's out there getting almost a case off a fill, even though efficiency beyond a game's worth isn't as important anymore with most all fields offering all day air. Maintainence is the same for just about any pin valve marker. Lube the ram, bolt, LPR, HPR. RARELY do you have to do anything beyond that. If you have a video with paint of your gun doing 33bps I'll believe it. Until then, don't make a claim that your gun shoots 33bps. Anything over 15bps is overkill anyways, since 99% of people can't walk over 15bps consistently.

Now, what do Cyborgs do better than Timmys again? Thats right, everything thats up to personal opinion.

Timmys, Egos, Borgs. The top 3 pin valve markers on the market. They all perform equally in what matters. Ease of operation, ease of maintainence, "efficiency" and "speed". ANYTHING else thats rated is gonna be a personal preference. Some want lighter markers, some don't. Some want a taller marker, some want the smallest. Some want a trigger that feels this way, some want one like that.

Next time you're gonna say a gun out performs another, back it up with real points, not trivial things.

Hossy
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
If you have a video with paint of your gun doing 33bps I'll believe it. Until then, don't make a claim that your gun shoots 33bps. Anything over 15bps is overkill anyways, since 99% of people can't walk over 15bps consistently.

He has a good point. Why do you think the PSP even changed the limits?
33 balls a second would clear a hopper in about 6 seconds, saying that a loader holds ~200 balls. Id like to see that vid when you get the chance to post one up-

Now, what do Cyborgs do better than Timmys again? Thats right, everything thats up to personal opinion.
Hes got a point. All guns are based off of personal preference these days. Different types of guns are getting great consistancy out there, making the choice of todays guns mostly personal preference. Egos are also very good markers that Timmyshoota points out. With DM's, PM's, Egos, Timmies, Angel, and PL guns up there, there isnt a whole lot of difference between the guns. Milling and style come play a big role here-

Next time you're gonna say a gun out performs another, back it up with real points, not trivial things.

:jawdrop:

timbertiger20
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
TagSportz / Predator is down for the count currently!
They do have a video of the 06 Borg over a Pact timer and they in fact show you the numbers on the screen. 34 BPS was the Average!
Also it is the fastest marker they've found when trying to push the Cheetah board to it's extreme limits! You'll note this video has been posted many times over on this forum:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13062&highlight=cyborg
I'm glad to see Bob Long is catching up. My point is you could pick up an 06 Borg for $350 if you look hard enough.
But for the doubters......07 Borg off of my own server......this is with only a reloader B2 @ 30 BPS Notice he's shooting paint and it's not breaking!
http://www.irregulators.com/video/Cyborg%252030bps.wmv

Sure if I played the PSP any old marker would do.........but I don't.......I shoot 34 BPS and over 2700 rounds on my 92/45......

timmyshoota
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
TagSportz / Predator is down for the count currently!
They do have a video of the 06 Borg over a Pact timer and they in fact show you the numbers on the screen. 34 BPS was the Average!
Also it is the fastest marker they've found when trying to push the Cheetah board to it's extreme limits! You'll note this video has been posted many times over on this forum:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13062&highlight=cyborg
I'm glad to see Bob Long is catching up. My point is you could pick up an 06 Borg for $350 if you look hard enough.
But for the doubters......07 Borg off of my own server......this is with only a reloader B2 @ 30 BPS Notice he's shooting paint and it's not breaking!
http://www.irregulators.com/video/Cyborg%252030bps.wmv

Sure if I played the PSP any old marker would do.........but I don't.......I shoot 34 BPS and over 2700 rounds on my 92/45......

Congratulations you play on full auto. Now for the rest of the world, a gun shooting 20+bps is a mute point.

xsvly-fat
12-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Spieces or Protege