PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling my gear

calebh
12-24-2007, 02:59 PM
now that i'm in college, my opportunities to play are few and far between. so i have probably $1500+ of gear sitting in my room. i don't know if i can get that much if i sell it all, since it's been used, some of it well-used, and some of it came back broken after i let my brother borrow it all (another reason: sell it off before he breaks the expensive stuff).

basically, i wanna get rid of everything but the essentials. one marker, a hopper, tank, and mask. maybe i'll keep the bag, cuz it's a nice huge bag that i can use for other things.

i have a relatively new (keep in mind how old the design is when i say this. lol) mag that i absolutely love. r/t, lvl 10, xvalve, ygrip, it's the tightest marker i've ever shot, and i love the fact that it's not electric but can still rip with the best of them. plus the looks i get when i play with it are absolutely adorable. lol. i would go ahead and sell it, but the chances of getting another marker that fits me as well seem pretty slim. i also have plans for a pneumag sooner or later in the future.

what about my spimmy? it doesn't work yet, and i certainly won't be getting back what i paid for parts for it. should i keep it or sell it? should i even bother getting it working?

i'm considering buying a phantom or other stock marker with what i get for my gear, so i can still play, and play cheaper, while i'm at college. and through my 4 1/2 years of play, stock has always fascinated me. naturally, the phantom would replace the mag until i have more opportunities and money to play.

it seems excessive to buy a marker to replace one i'm not actually selling, and it seems like a waste to shelve my mag for another 3 1/2 years at least.

what do you guys think? sell the mag? sell the spimmy? both? neither? buy a phantom?

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 03:51 PM
i would keep the mag, because its a mag (one of the coolest guns ever, IMO). as for the spimmy, throw up a post in b/s/t here and on the Nation and see if anyone makes any offers (offer to part it out if you want).

chnk
12-24-2007, 08:53 PM
i think you could probably make more money from parting out the spimmy,

i say keep the mag, its classic or will be if already ins't.

Kenny_McCormic
12-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Keep mag and spimmy, sell rest of gear, buy phantom with profits.

mr1 sniper
12-25-2007, 08:29 AM
keep mag sell spimmy

MVS1
12-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Absolutely keep the mag, part out the spimmy and anyother parts you don't need for the "basic's".

maximus100389
12-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Sell me the mag! :)

calebh
12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
looks like you're outvoted maximus. lol. so keep the mag, maybe keep the spimmy...

how much does a used but good condition phantom cost?

Kenny_McCormic
12-25-2007, 05:12 PM
IDK $150-$250 for a VSC, they have pretty good resale. Depends on the setup too. Check on pbnation there are A LOT in the BST over there.

newkid
12-25-2007, 05:49 PM
keep mag, part out spimmy and dont get a phantom

IRStookmySpyder
12-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Sell the spimmy, keep the mag since it fits you, which is the most important thing.

calebh
12-25-2007, 10:14 PM
dont get a phantom
why not?

The Pumper
12-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Hes new, he doesnt know what hes talking about.
Get a phantom if you'd like. I never thought SC was for me, but if its for you, then more power to ya. ;)

newkid
12-26-2007, 02:28 PM
phantoms are great pumps and I have nothing against them but dont get it imo because you didnt wanna keep the mag because you wouldn't use it. if your not going to use your mag why would you use a phantom (why have 2 guns if you dont pb that much?)

P.S. I've been around long enough that I'm not a noob

Kenny_McCormic
12-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Because his paint/air bill shooting a VSC with a 3.5oz would go from $50+ to less than $20.

pb34
12-26-2007, 07:19 PM
If I were you, I would sell everything but the essentials and keep the Mag. IMO for you to buy a Phantom and keep the Mag wouldn't be worth it. So I say keep the Mag and use it when you play through college. If after college you decide to get into pump then you can always buy a Phantom then. If you sell the Mag now you might not have the chance to get one like it again.

calebh
12-26-2007, 07:56 PM
phantoms are great pumps and I have nothing against them but dont get it imo because you didnt wanna keep the mag because you wouldn't use it. if your not going to use your mag why would you use a phantom (why have 2 guns if you dont pb that much?)
Because his paint/air bill shooting a VSC with a 3.5oz would go from $50+ to less than $20.
exactly. it's actually much more than $50 right now... which is fairly difficult to scrape together in college. i spend, at the very least, $50 on paint every time i play. it's much harder to shoot a case plus with a pump, and i probably wouldn't need all day air. so that's a huge reduction in paint costs, and a possible slight reduction in field fees. plus, no batteries for hoppers.

so i think i've made up my mind, i'm not getting rid of the mag. i'm going to try to fix the spimmy, and if i can without spending much, i'll keep it as well. if not, i'll part it out. i'll keep the barrel kits i need. what threading does a phantom use?

start looking for some of my stuff in the BST tomorrow afternoon.