PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions

The Pumper
12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Well I've been deciding SLG or a VS2 for my next gun and I've come to the conclusion. I want a VS2. So what I need to know is personal opinions, not facts from a stickey or anything.

How does it compare to other spyders?
Is it worth the 150+ish for it?
How well does the feedneck hold hoppers?
Would it be wise to get a new barrel or would the stock be fine?

I'm not doing tournies or anything, just the occasional recball.
Thanks for any insight.

DRAGON
12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
For the current price, you'd be better off getting a PMR if you're considering the SLG. They're both the same price right now. VS's of course have dropped drastically in price as well so really depends on how much you want to spend -

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM
well, drago, he says hes getting the VS2.

personally, i wouldnt get a new barrel unless its going to be a kit, but thats just my opinion. the only justification i see in getting a new barrel would be if you only shoot one kind of paint, so you would want a barrel with a bore to fit the paint.

from what i've read on PBN, its probably the best spyder out there.

$150 for a spyder w/eyes and shooting 200 psi? think of how much you would spend on making your own.

overall, i'd say go for it!

SupaSnipa
12-24-2007, 06:35 PM
To answer a couple opf your questions, it doesnt really compare to other Spyders because it is almost a completely different design. It has a "Balance Valve" which makes it low pressure stock, no other Spyder is.
Feedneck question-When I still had my VS2 I was thinking about upgrading it but leaving the feedneck. Why? Because it is a Visegrip feedneck which holds hoppers VAERY well.

nastystankweed
12-28-2007, 07:06 AM
good choice, best spyder out there the barrel works great and the feedneck does too the only thing you should upgrade is the board, i just got a virtue board it changes the whole feel of the gun. My gun shoots ropes i think im outshooting etek egos and minis. My vs2 competes with 08 egos and does well.