PDA

View Full Version : What teh?..........

DRAGON
12-24-2007, 10:55 AM
So I recently moved again. In the new area I'm at, it's in the high 70's at teh moment so I'm steppin down the walkways just outside my place and see this large leafy tropical type plant. There's tons of them around here. As I looked closer I suddenly got the taste for some Corn Flakes and bananza's -

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/starbananzas.jpg

Now I'm wondering why? - :o

The Pumper
12-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Because it's Florida?
What happens in Florida, stays in Florida. ;)

timmyshoota
12-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Are those Plantains or bananas? Look kinda big for bananas.

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
That is a pineapple silly!

My Family is in FLA and it makes me laugh when they send me pics of the trees, so thanks Drago.

DRAGON
12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Are those Plantains or bananas? Look kinda big for bananas.

Pretty sure they're bananza's. They're about 2/3 the size of the ones I just got from the store. The pic may just make them appear a little larger -

Hax.......we'd all like to keep you jolly around teh holiday. Gimme yer addy and I'll send you some more joy - :cool:
They may just send them because up north everyone's so used to seeing mainly apples, pears, plums and such. Here most of the tree's you'll see in people's yards are oranges. lemons, limes and grapefruit -

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 11:38 AM
thats kinda cool! the only time i've ever seen tropical trees was when i went to South Carolina. palm trees EVERYWHERE!

timmyshoota
12-24-2007, 11:42 AM
:( I like plantains better than bananas.

Drefish99
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
70's :(

Send me some of those 70's to me please??? and I don't mean your old Dan Fogelberg records.

DRAGON
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
70's :(

Send me some of those 70's to me please??? and I don't mean your old Dan Fogelberg records.

You mean you didn't feel the gust of 70's when you opened the envelope? No Fogelberg but just did get SOAD Mezmerize & Hypnotize and Foo Fighters E,S,P&G for an early Christmas present from my oldest boy -

Never tried plantains. I see them all the time as well as a bunch of other strange looking fruits they sell around here. How are they better? -

timmyshoota
12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
You mean you didn't feel the gust of 70's when you opened the envelope? No Fogelberg but just did get SOAD Mezmerize & Hypnotize and Foo Fighters E,S,P&G for an early Christmas present from my oldest boy -

Never tried plantains. I see them all the time as well as a bunch of other strange looking fruits they sell around here. How are they better? -

They are very similar. I eat a lot of caribbean food, and they cook em and put them with the food. Sooooo good. I eat them more often than bananas, but this thread makes me want to get some Corn Flakes and bananas for real.

vikingshadow
12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
I thought that was warm weather in the envelope I opened today! Sure is nice after the snow storm we got Saturday...the wind was blowing so hard one of the turbines on top my house was humming loud enough to vibrate the house. (Yes, I forgot to cover them - took care of that yesterday.)

Anywho, I think it's cool to see those trees - never have seen a tree bearing anything besides peachs, apples or apricots before...I saw palm trees in Florida and Houston, though.

08Lud08
12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I hate florida, its like 80* here in miami, I was sweating bullets while I was skating.