PDA

View Full Version : couple of VS3 questions on battery and pressure, etc

hostar
12-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Ok I got a couple of questions about the VS3.

Does your stock battery discharge really fast? What back up batteries are you using (spare rechargable or ultra durcell or some sort)?

Have you tried using another type of rechargeable battery with a higher mAh rating (2300, 2500)?

Can the Stock spyder charger charge a higher mAh battery?

Also what do you keep your pressure at on your marker? Right now I have mine set at 210, since when I shoot really fast it drops down to 190 something, anything below 180 it starts to have cocking issues.

Why type of maintenance are you doing to your gun? Cleaning the bolt? How about the striker? Anything else I need to clean?

Is it s bad idea to put oil right before you connect the air? how about if I am using a remote? where do I put the oil then?

Sorry for all these questions. Thanks in advance!

airicd22
12-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Just to answerbone question about the batteries the thing that matters with them is the voltage. Spyder take a 9.6 volt battery so if you use a ruglar rechargeable it will only be 9 volts it wont be strong enough.

Tech Steve
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
only use 9.6 volt batteries, they actually put out around 11.4 volts on a full charge... there is no best pressure to operate your marker, ideal is about 220 - 240... do not put oil through the asa, the only thing you want to oil is the striker o-ring. The reg and the valve use lube.

king-man
12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
i've used energizer heavy duty, they work but less voltage means they basically last less shots since there isnt much of a difference. but i dont use them, only did when i had to,, i use some i piked up at my local batteries plus. theyre 9.6 and last a helluva lot longer than the spyder battery

hostar
12-26-2007, 08:14 PM
thanks for all the responses. They were very helpful

faithalone
12-27-2007, 05:33 PM
you can also check out the powerex system if you want a good rechargeable system. you can pick up a four battery charger that charges all batteries in two hours and even comes with a car adapter. it also has a "smart" chip and will not over cook your batteries once they are charged which will happen to your battery if you use the plug in wall charger and leave it in too long. you can pick up the charger and four batteries for about $60.

pressure really depends on each marker as they vary but if you are having recocking issues then your pressure is too low most likely....when i first got mine it worked best between 260-280 psi...it now runs very nicely at 200 psi with a broken in reg and such.

as far as maintanence.....after every day of play remove your bolt and wipe clean....remove your striker and clean and apply a light coat of oil and inspect the orings (on your bolt as well). If you had any paint break check the breach and if so then you will need to remove the eye covers....clean any paint off of them and replace and then inspect your detents while doing so to make sure they are not worn....be careful not to screw the eye covers too tight when you replace.

you can then clean your barrel by washing it with warm water and then drying it clean with a soft cloth.....

most important item of all......check your goggles after each day of play and clean any paint that is on them and inspect the lenses for any cracks...you can always get another marker but action village does not selll eyeballs :)

every 3 or 4 days of play you may want to break down your red and lube the internal parts and orings...you can find step by step directions for this at vsusergoup.com

glad to see you on the group and i hope you really enjoy your new VS...they are a great marker!

michael