PDA

View Full Version : low blow or delrin?

bassmasta
12-23-2007, 05:46 PM
looking at the ACP bolts, I'm wondering whether the low-blow bolts are worth the extra $10? and if so, how many o-rings do I want on there?

slim and shady
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
some people say that if you have 3 o-rings it is pretty hard on your detents.
As for the low blow bolt it ads a bit of backspin on the ball and is suposed to shoot a little farther. But I would think that if it puts a spin on the ball it may decrease accuray a bit.

bassmasta
12-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I understand the benefits behind the backspin, but I imagine that when using tighter paint, it won't help me too much, right?

slim and shady
12-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Im not sure i would think that it would still have backspin, unless the paint is very tight to the point of barrel breaks there should still be backspin. If there is then the bolt should function the same. It helps with blowback up the feedneck as well.

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 06:16 PM
ive heard from some people that the low-blow hogs air and that its not all that great. and 3 o-rings should cut down on a lot of blowback.

mr1 sniper
12-24-2007, 08:00 AM
ive heard from some people that the low-blow hogs air and that its not all that great.
yeah just get the normal one with 2 orings

pb34
12-24-2007, 10:30 AM
yeah just get the normal one with 2 orings

:yeahthat:

or three o-rings.

SpyderMan723
12-24-2007, 11:27 AM
whats the difference between 2 and 3 o-rings?

pb34
12-24-2007, 12:07 PM
whats the difference between 2 and 3 o-rings?

One has two o-rings and one has three....but I'm guessing you already knew that. :D

The three o-ring one will reduce more blowback and increase efficiency but will also wear out detents faster. The two o-ring one still reduces blowback and increases efficiency quite a bit from stock but not as much and won't wear out detents as quickly as the three o-ring one.

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
out of curiousity, how will it wear out detents faster???

pb34
12-24-2007, 12:55 PM
out of curiousity, how will it wear out detents faster???

I could be wrong but I know the bolt with 3 o-rings has an o-ring at the front of the bolt and two towards the middle as opposed to just the two towards the middle in the other bolt. The one at the front will come into contact with the detents each cycle. Of course I'm wrong if both the two and three o-ring bolts have the o-ring at the front and they just take away one from the back.

Hope that made sense!

Hob Hayward
12-24-2007, 01:28 PM
You're right, the 3 o-ring will have two in the middle, and one at the front. THe two o-ring will have just the two in the middle.

pb34
12-24-2007, 03:17 PM
You're right, the 3 o-ring will have two in the middle, and one at the front. THe two o-ring will have just the two in the middle.

Ok great! Thanks for the confirmation.

mr1 sniper
12-25-2007, 08:36 AM
yeah so def. go with the 2-oring

Jungsa
12-28-2007, 04:12 AM
I have a low-blow bolt for my VMX(ya old school). I talked to the manufacturer (Cooper-T's Bolt) and he said the stock barrel was best because it is not ported, rifled or does not have a muzzle break. This lets the ball get pushed from the bottom by the air and ride the top of the barrel giving it that back spin, but if it is ported or rifled and what not the air goes where ever decreasing the backspin or worse. this is why the tippmans' Flat-line barrels are not ported as well I would assume. I was also told it would be best to shoot at 280. Hope that helps.

here is a pic that gives you a idea of what I am trying to say.

http://www.vmempire.com/Maxkit.htm

slim and shady
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a low-blow bolt for my VMX(ya old school). I talked to the manufacturer (Cooper-T's Bolt) and he said the stock barrel was best because it is not ported, rifled or does not have a muzzle break. This lets the ball get pushed from the bottom by the air and ride the top of the barrel giving it that back spin, but if it is ported or rifled and what not the air goes where ever decreasing the backspin or worse. this is why the tippmans' Flat-line barrels are not ported as well I would assume. I was also told it would be best to shoot at 280. Hope that helps.

here is a pic that gives you a idea of what I am trying to say.

http://www.vmempire.com/Maxkit.htm

great info, I was thinking of getting the low-blow bolt to, now, eeeehhhhh, I dont think so.