PDA

View Full Version : need help with my cp mini asa

(DF) Kurupt
12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
i put a fitting on my cp mini, i used the 90deg fitting that came with the vs3 now it didnt want to go in all the way air was leaking out and a rubber ring didnt help either there was no grove on the fitting for the ring so it help in no way. is there a different 90deg fitting i can use that will help me out. or what should i use to make this asa work.

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Try wraping the fittings threads with teflon tape. This will help seal the threads with no leaks. :)

(DF) Kurupt
12-23-2007, 12:07 PM
there is no fittings out there that will work

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 12:09 PM
what?

swoosh81
12-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Spyder fittings are metric. You need standard threads, you might have ruined the asa if you tried forcing that fitting in. Check hobbyhorse in the b/s/t he has great prices on fittings..

(DF) Kurupt
12-23-2007, 11:59 PM
so swoosh 81 would i need to also use a o ring with that fitting or would it go in fine with no air leak

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 03:16 AM
OK lets start over...

You can not take the fittings on the Spyder and thread them into the new ASA.

They are different thread patterns. if you did that already you must have forced it in, which means the ASA threads are likely damaged.

If you did not then get a NEW fitting that is standard threaded from HobbyHorse. (www.macrolineguy.com)

Once you get your new fitting, Wrap it with a little teflon tape and thread it to the ASA. That will keep it from leaking.

swoosh81
12-24-2007, 05:55 AM
OK lets start over...

You can not take the fittings on the Spyder and thread them into the new ASA.

They are different thread patterns. if you did that already you must have forced it in, which means the ASA threads are likely damaged.

If you did not then get a NEW fitting that is standard threaded from HobbyHorse. (www.macrolineguy.com)

Once you get your new fitting, Wrap it with a little teflon tape and thread it to the ASA. That will keep it from leaking.

QFT

DFSniper
12-24-2007, 06:54 AM
:yeahthat:
so swoosh 81 would i need to also use a o ring with that fitting or would it go in fine with no air leak
im pretty sure the o-ring is because the stock reg is designed to seat an o-ring (i dont know if the VS still has the brass air filters) and with aftermarket products, you really dont need the o-ring because theyre not designed for it. but like bamf said, you need a new fitting and possibly a new ASA if you ended up damaging the threads.

Hob Hayward
12-24-2007, 07:52 AM
I'd bet your threads are still fine, especially if you didn't force it too far after it didn't want to go in.

Get one of Hobby Horse's 90* fittings and some teflon tape and use that.