fire hazard?

http://i3.tinypic.com/8ggdmw5.jpg
reg and valve?

Questions
I paid 150 for all of it
ripped?

What upgrades do I need?

What are the three holes in the side

Is the battery rapped in paper and tissue a fire hazard?

i dont have a button for the eyes, right know im using a tip of shoelace, should i get one?

and all the advise you can give me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 11:27 AM
get a clamping feedneck to fit the hopper.

im assuming the cable under the mask is for the board? i only have one computer (out of 5, counting laptops) in my house that even HAS a serial port...

most likely the paper is in there because you have bad wiring connections (had that on my spyder) and if you take it out, your gun wont work right. i did the same thing, using tissue paper and cotton tshirt scraps.

timmyshoota
12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
get a clamping feedneck to fit the hopper.

im assuming the cable under the mask is for the board? i only have one computer (out of 5, counting laptops) in my house that even HAS a serial port...

most likely the paper is in there because you have bad wiring connections (had that on my spyder) and if you take it out, your gun wont work right. i did the same thing, using tissue paper and cotton tshirt scraps.

Q-lock would be a good choice on a feedneck.

the cable is the Equilink. Its used to update the WAS board.

the paper is probably there because the battery moves around without anything in there. I'd replace the paper with pieces of foam.

Looks like a pretty decent deal. Halo = $50 stock, mask = $25, gun = $75. Break it down like that and its not bad.

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 12:03 PM
go outside with your gun, put your hopper on, stand on the hopper and tell me if you can see the statue of liberty from way up there :p

Nice gun though.

vwjimmy
12-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Nice outfit. Definately not a bad deal either. You need a feedneck for sure. Always loved my Imp and still shoot a Bushy that is very simular. I bet that the battery not only moves around, but touches the electrical connections on the board, so if you replace the paper...make sure whatever you use is not conductive. The weird holes in the 'tray' (box between the body and the trigger frame) are for switch covers that you didn't get...but it isen't a biggy as long as you can turn it on/off. I don't know if the WAS board has an eye on/off function...but you don't want them off anyway.....
I would get a feedneck that allows you to use the HALO and prevents it from falling off....and then go out and enjoy!
Congrats!

Moe
12-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Very nice looking man. When strange impulses first came out I wanted one sooo bad. Sounds like you got a real good deal on it.

JailBreakJIm
12-23-2007, 12:58 PM
so now that i have the gun all i need is the tank
any one got a cheap air tank?

The Pumper
12-23-2007, 12:59 PM
check pbn
tons of cheap air tanks there
i got my 68/30 for my cheap barrel kit..worth no more than 50

Hob Hayward
12-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't know they were still making imps in '05

Hossy
12-23-2007, 04:30 PM
the BST usually has 48/3k for 20-30 dollars.

Oscum Guy
12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
nice imp! just change the feedneck

CHAOSFTW
12-23-2007, 06:50 PM
ive owned imps since i started playing.

IMO if i was you this is wat i would do.
black heart board-cuz its a good upgrade and lets you tune your gun easy.
freak barrel-its amazing and works well
evil valve
(the function valve is what you got. there not very good and are notorious for leaks ide chagne it fast. http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2829/)
strange bolt-cuz the stock one breaks paint if not tuned very well.

get a new shell for the halo its lookin a little beaten.

next take out all that paper and stuff and change your battery.
the go to paitnball nation and learn how to tune it.

you can learn this stuff easily by reading the tutorials on www.pbnation.com and you can buy this stuff at a place called www.actionvillage.com

Ace24
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Really not a bad Impulse. One of the nicer bodied ones I've seen.

I wish there was a way to make the trigger frame fit closer to the body though... so tall.

New feedneck!

bamf-hacker
12-24-2007, 04:25 AM
Like it. Send it out for a little anno and make it all pretty.

Enjoy it!

leed
12-24-2007, 08:09 PM
ive owned imps since i started playing.

IMO if i was you this is wat i would do.
black heart board-cuz its a good upgrade and lets you tune your gun easy.
freak barrel-its amazing and works well
evil valve
(the function valve is what you got. there not very good and are notorious for leaks ide chagne it fast. http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2829/)
strange bolt-cuz the stock one breaks paint if not tuned very well.

get a new shell for the halo its lookin a little beaten.

next take out all that paper and stuff and change your battery.
the go to paitnball nation and learn how to tune it.

you can learn this stuff easily by reading the tutorials on www.pbnation.com and you can buy this stuff at a place called www.actionvillage.com

I don't see why he would need to get a new board.. He has the WAS Equalizer board, which is easily the best board that was ever made for the Impulse.

That being said, the holes on the tray (the thing between the frame and the body) are for adjusting modes. There are usually buttons on there, but you can use an allen key and put it through there to press the buttons on the board.

Hoppy11
12-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Those holes on the tray are actually to adjust the dwell on the stock board that came with impuleses. I beleive if my memory serves me correctly that WAS boards don't need dwell adjustment. Now for some reason I want to say that but for some other reason I don't think its correct either.. lol. Also turning the board on/off along with the eyes on/off is done with the same button. That button is located on the back of the tray. I don't know the exact setting for WAS but I know you adjust the setting for the Vision board by pressing and holding the on/off button. I would assume it is the same for WAS.

Upgrades that would be good for it are a new barrel as stated earlier. Also New Designz made awesome upgrades for the valve and ram assembly. These up grades made the horrible efficency of the imp awesome. I don't recall what Strange Imps come with for the ram assembly and Im not familiar with the Function Valve.

And yes.. PLEASE get a no rise feedneck lol.

Drefish99 and DRAGON are excellent guys to talk about imps and will clear up alot if not all of you questions.. as I tried haha.

Nice find though!

CHAOSFTW
12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
the reason i said that was that the was board isnt very user friendly unless you know what your doing.

JailBreakJIm
12-25-2007, 04:17 AM
well the only problem with the board so far is i cant put it on semi
its stuck on psp right now
i supposedly need to connect it to my computer through the equalink but i cant get it into program mode

and merry xmas everyone

timmyshoota
12-25-2007, 07:32 AM
You don't need to use the equalink to change it from PSP mode to Semi. Are you in competition mode(lights up orange then red when you turn it on)? If it is then just ground the two center pins of the equalink connector on the board, and while doing so turn the gun on. It'll switch it between normal and competition mode. Once in normal mode. Turn the gun off, then hold the trigger and turn it back on. Once on goto orange/green blinking and 1 click is semi.

JailBreakJIm
12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
3 words
WTF is grounding

DRAGON
12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Gawd! I despise Jim Drew and his WAS. OMG! Your Imp has been contaminated with WAS. Take it out before it spreads and kills your Imps credibility!!!! :eek: Earth link is Jim's $50 addition to the cost of the board so you may upgrade his incompetent software. It should have nothing to do with changing modes and such. If it does, proves my point of incompetence. You will never see another upgrade for that board so the harness is basically useless unless you have a way old version of the software. I'd rather run a stock SP vision board than a WAS board. If you ever attempt to contact WAS of a concern, don't even expect an answer. WAS is the pits :thumbdown: and Jim Drew is da :devil:

BTW......otherwise, nice Imp dood - ;)

newkid
12-25-2007, 08:33 PM
you can buy 48-72ci/3k tanks for $60 new

timmyshoota
12-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Gawd! I despise Jim Drew and his WAS. OMG! Your Imp has been contaminated with WAS. Take it out before it spreads and kills your Imps credibility!!!! :eek: Earth link is Jim's $50 addition to the cost of the board so you may upgrade his incompetent software. It should have nothing to do with changing modes and such. If it does, proves my point of incompetence. You will never see another upgrade for that board so the harness is basically useless unless you have a way old version of the software. I'd rather run a stock SP vision board than a WAS board. If you ever attempt to contact WAS of a concern, don't even expect an answer. WAS is the pits :thumbdown: and Jim Drew is da :devil:

BTW......otherwise, nice Imp dood - ;)

^^Hater. :p

Google "grounding connections" and you'll probably get a better explanation than I can give you. I know how to do it, and its easy, but I probably won't explain it well.

JailBreakJIm
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
well i just reset the board to factory defaults

what board do you think i should put in it Dragon?

so far on the list of things to do
feed neck- must
tank - must
valve - dont have to
trigger- i want to see if muddytaco will make me one
barrel- supposedly