PDA

View Full Version : Breaking paint!

kingny
12-23-2007, 07:38 AM
i was playing this weekend and i was beaking like everyother ball idk if its the weather cuse it was very cold the paint or my gun im worried =/

can anyone tell me whats goin on!

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 08:18 AM
what kind of hopper do you have?

pb34
12-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Have you broken in your bolt? How old was the paint? And like dfsniper said what kind of hopper do you have?

The Booth Man
12-23-2007, 11:51 AM
i was playing this weekend and i was beaking like everyother ball idk if its the weather cuse it was very cold the paint or my gun im worried =/

can anyone tell me whats goin on!

How cold? If it is anything below freezing your paintballs are gonna get brittle and break in the gun, in the hopper, out the barrel, or even in your pods.

kingny
12-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Have you broken in your bolt? How old was the paint? And like dfsniper said what kind of hopper do you have?

well i have a ACR hopper by tacomo or something like that but basicly its gravity fed and i did break in my bolt for like 1 and a half days but is was freezing the paint was breaking in my pod and elbow too =/

DFSniper
12-23-2007, 12:44 PM
i would suggest breaking the bolt in for a week.

pb34
12-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Well considering that the paint was breaking in your pod as well it doesn't sound like it was your gun. You just need to use paint specifically made for winter play.

slim and shady
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM
I think if you use winter paint you will be fine. I played last year in the cold with summer paint and the paint would break. It also was so thick because of the temperature that it letterly stopped my bolt i would have to feild strip and clean again. I think if you use winter paint you will be fine. Dont forget you wont have a high ROF with your marker with just a gravity feed. The paint is already so brittle from the cold there probably isnt enough resistence for your ACS bolt to react.
I dunno hope this helps